Chapter 41

Ruby and Elena went downstairs and stared at Jeremy waiting for them. Jeremy was shocked but didn't ask any questions.

They started driving to an unknown destination. Silence surrounded, until Elena broke, "What is happening, Mummy?"

Ruby looked into the side window, looking all the colours fading and said, "I will explain everything when we arrive."

The rest of the car ride was quiet and the thoughts muted when she was near Jeremy. He finally pulled up and Ruby looked around. She opened her car door and walked outside, and helped Elena out. She looked around and saw the end of the hill and above dark sky with stars and a half-moon.

It looked just like a dream, even Elena thought so. They were so busy studying the surroundings that they didn't realise the other soul.

Alex said, "Hello, Ruby."

Ruby turned around and smiled. He runs to Ruby and hugged her, like a son thirsty for love. Ruby felt her hand tugged and looked down at Elena with a frown.

They broke the hug and Elena demanded, "What is happening, Mummy? Why are they here?"

Ruby asked, "Do you remember who they are, Elena?"

Elena answered, "The vampires we saw at the restaurant."

Ruby nodded and explained, "Jeremy and Alex."

Elena greeted awkwardly with a wave, "Hello."

Alex beamed and hugged Elena, "How are you, Elena?"

Elena whispered, "Good."

Jeremy walked next to Ruby and greeted, "Hello, Elena."

Elena nodded and said, "Hello." She continued after a few frowns, "Mummy, what are we doing here?"

Ruby was going to answer, when Jeremy said, "Let me." Ruby nodded and Jeremy got something out of his pocket and got in one knee. The rest were confused, even Ruby. She waited and Jeremy continued, "Since we meet, everything turned upside down. Every time I close my eyes, I see your raw beauty and your gorgeous eyes. In my head, I keep chanting Ruby, Ruby, Ruby. I can't stop thinking about you. After I lost my first wife, I thought that I couldn't feel, but you proved wrong. I know that we are different, but I am ready to stay in this imperfect life with you. I... I love you very much."

He takes the box out and reveals the ring, leaving everyone gasping, and Jeremy says, "Will you marry me?"

Ruby was speechless and looked at Alex, who was smiling like it was Christmas morning. Elena was a bit confused but happy that someone else made her happy. Ruby remembered of the times that she had spent together with Jeremy and how their fights were resurfaced.

She felt her wolf happy and overjoyed, after so long or maybe it was for the first time. She had chosen Jeremy for a reason, but Ruby kept her guards up. She said, "I can't be with a person who keeps me a secret. I alr--"

Jeremy stood up and said with sincerity, "I don't want to. I want everyone to know that you are only mine."

Ruby found herself nodding at his previous question. Jeremy grabbed her by the waist and kissed her as his life depended on it. She was extremely happy and she poured all her feelings on the kiss. On the background, she could hear that Elena and Alex were saying, "Eww... Eww..."

Ruby and Jeremy broke the kiss and laughed lightly. Jeremy took that opportunity to put the ring on her left hand. Vein of love.

She felt all the sparks when he placed the ring on her hand. They faced the children who had a bright smile with a glint on their eyes.

Ruby stared at Elena and explained, "Elena, I know that this is sudden but--"

Elena interrupted, "Mummy, I am so happy for you and Daddy."

She looked at Jeremy and asked, "Can I call you Daddy, right?"

Jeremy smiled and nodded, "Yes."

Elena looked at Alex and said, "You are my brother."

Alex agreed and gave a kiss on her cheek, "My little sister."

They both laughed and Jeremy and Ruby looked at each other. Jeremy whispered so only Ruby could hear, "I am sorry. You are only mine and I never want to lose you ever again."

Ruby looked into his eyes, "I love you too."

Ruby watched his shoulders drop of relieving that I said it back, even if she had accepted to marry him. At that moment, she couldn't explain how much her heart was fluttering.

The rest of the night was passed in talking on future plans and on they planned their lives. Instantly, Elena accepted Jeremy and only minded her mother's happiness. She didn't know how would others react but right that moment... She didn't care, neither did Jeremy.

That night Ruby and Elena returned to the pack house.

*****

Read, vote and comment!