Chapter 27

Rain poured around London leaving everything dull and wet. The air around the land, however, felt cooler and it smelt clear and crisper. Forming puddles in the group giving an opportunity to splash on every one of them and remember those childhood memories.

But couldn't remember one, they only contained snide remarks, beatings and tears. There was nothing great about her childhood but Ruby looked at her daughter sleeping in their room and thought how lucky she ended up here and formed several bonds that people die for. She certainly would.

Ruby woke Elena up with care and Elena had a big smile on her face. She was happy that she would get an opportunity to cook at school. Ruby listened to her daughter telling what she wants to do and how she wants to do.

Elena got ready with some help of Ruby and she went downstairs to eat, but even still Elena didn't stop her rambling about food. Some of the pack members had entered the kitchen, watching their Alpha cook some food. Every pack member loved Ruby's cooking and Elena loved to be just like her mother. Elena considered her mother to be a saviour, her saviour.

Dylan had offered to take Elena to school and Ruby waited till Dylan returned. Ruby currently on her office with Isaac. In front of her table was the Alpha Eric's number and Ruby was nervous about how would he react, but she didn't show to Isaac. Finally, Dylan returned and sat on the opposite chairs of the table, leaving Ruby to sit as well.

Ruby took the phone and typed the number and waited till the other voice. Alpha Eric said through the line, "Alpha Eric, with whom am I speaking?"

Ruby cleared her throat and boosted her confidence, "It's Ruby."

Eric asked, "Alpha Warzone?"

Ruby nodded, "Yes."

Eric continued, "How can I help you, Alpha Warzone?"

Ruby bluntly, "My pack and I accept your offer."

Eric said, "Very well."

Ruby asked, "When will one of you arrive on my land?"

Eric said, "Tomorrow."

Ruby repeated, "Tomorrow?"

Eric asked, "Is there any problem, Alpha Warzone?"

Ruby cleared her throat and said, "Absolutely not. I will wait for your arrival."

Eric said, "Very well. I have to go now."

Ruby was about to say alright when he cut the line. She was confused by his mood, but Ruby shook it off because it wasn't the first time. She would handle their wraths if it meant happiness for her pack.

Isaac spoke first, "So they are coming tomorrow?"

Ruby nodded and started to rub her temples. Dylan spoke, "What is the plan, Alpha?"

Ruby looked at Dylan, and then to Isaac. She took one breath and spoke, "Did you gather 20 wolves?"

Dylan said, "Yes, Alpha."

Ruby continued, "Our Northside is going to be used as training grounds, just to give them a glimpse of Canada facilities. However, Isaac makes sure that nobody utters a word about Canada."

Isaac nodded once, "Yes, Alpha."

Ruby said, "Start the training today before dawn for an hour. Tomorrow I want five hours just like we do in Canada."

Dylan agreed, "Yes, Alpha."

Isaac asked, "Alpha, what do they know about us so far?"

Ruby told, "That our pack changed and wants peace. They want to cross the border as any nine packs can. They know that I give liberty to certain wolves to roam and kill."