Chapter 10

Around the room, vampires started to turn into their monstrous selves. Ruby ordered Isaac and Dylan to stay behind her. They tried to argue but her wolf surfaced and demanded to wait for her.

Her wolf knew that she couldn't let her family get harmed, so she sacrificed herself. She looked at them and they lounged at her.

She picked two up from their necks and snapped apart. She thrown them out and next one came and she took their hearts out. The rest stopped on their track and looked at their King. Ruby saw Jeremy as his expression turned sour and he said, "You are interesting."

Ruby looked at her bloodier hands and she felt presence next to her. Ruby turned and walked out of the room. She sat on the passenger seat of the car and waited for Isaac and Dylan. They came after few minutes and the car ride was quiet. When Isaac arrived in front of Ruby's house he announced, "We are here, Alpha."

Ruby said monotone while looking at her hands, "I killed someone today."

Dylan spoke, "You protected us."

Ruby thought about killing those two vampires. The feeling that she felt was indescribable... Ruby had felt powerful, alive and an animal.

She felt complete after a long time, but she knew that she couldn't go on a rampage because her pack depended on her. She would let others do whatever she wanted, but she had to lock her feelings. That moment she had realised that she was a killer on the road.

Dylan said quietly, "Our job is to protect you, not the other way around."

Ruby finally teared her eyes from her bloody hands and looked into Dylan's eyes and said truly, "I am not a normal Alpha. Me and my wolf will always protect our pack, because that gives a meaning to me. Don't take that away from me." Ruby took a breath and finished, "Tell the pack that they come before me. I will always put myself at the risk for you all."

*****

Read, vote and comment!