Chapter Seven

*Teddy*

  "Daddy," I giggled running over to him. "Guess what I did."

  "What did you do teddybear?" Daddy asked placing me on his shoulders.

  "You have to guess silly," I laughed placing his police hat on my head.

  "You drew a picture," daddy guessed laughing.

  "No," I giggled. "I got an A on my spelling and science test."

  "You did," daddy gasped shocked. "We'll then I think that deserves a surprise."

  "Really," I gasped bouncing on his shoulder. "What kind of surprise, daddy?"

  "I was thinking pizza with the guys?"

  "Yay!" I yelled hugging daddy's head. "Thanks daddy."

  "Anytime teddybear," daddy smiled.
---

   "Ouch," I yelped falling onto the floor when my alarm went off.

  "Teddy, are you alright?" Hacker yelled threw the door.

  "I'm fine," I said turning my alarm off. "I just fell in the floor, I'll be down in a minute."

  "Alright," he said and I heard him walk off. I sighed in relief pulling myself up on the bed before looking at the picture I had on my nightstand.

  "Another year," I whispered wiping my eyes as tears started falling. "I can do this."
---

  "You okay?" Hacker asked when I walked into the kitchen.

  "Fine," I smiled. "I need to call Angelica later though."

  "Here," he said handing me a small phone. "You can use that until we can find yours, I need to be at the clubhouse for a few hours."

  "So I'm going with you," I said and he nodded. "Let me grab my flip-flop and I'll be ready."

  "Is Teddy your real name?" Hacker asked as he stopped at a red light.

  "No," I replied. "It's Theodora, when I was little the closet I could get to that was Teddy and it just stuck. What's yours?"

  "Preston," he said and I laughed. "What?"

  "Sorry," I giggled. "I thought of an old stuffed bear I years ago and I named it Preston."

  "Haha," he grumbled. "I got to get to church, you be okay to get inside?"

  "I'll be fine," I smiled watching him run off. "Crazy male biker."

  I slowly made my way to one of the swings before pulling the phone out and dialing Angelica's number.

  "Hello?" Angelica answered.

  "Hey, how's your trip?"

  "Teddy!" I winced pulling the phone away from my ear. "Babe are you okay? You're not staying by yourself alone? Do I need to come home?"

  "Calm down," I said. "I'm doing okay still a bit shaken up. No, Hacker is staying with me at the house, finish the tour you've worked hard for that."

  "Are you sure?"

  "Yes, I'm sure." I laughed, "I was just calling to see if you could do me a favor."

  "What do you need?"

  "You remember my dad's old collection of teddy bear pins? I was hoping you could pick up the one I ordered up from the post office."

  "Yeah," Angelica said. "I don't mind. You feeling alright since today is the day."

  "I guess," I sighed. "It's hard knowing he's not here and sometimes it feels like it gets harder every year. I miss him."

  "When I get back we'll go visit him," she said and I smiled. "When was the last time we went together?"

  "Thanks Lica," I whispered. "Your the best."

  "Of course I am," she said and I laughed.

  "Hey Teddy," I jumped when Lily and Willow yelled. "Who are you talking too?"

  "Angelica," I said jumping when Willow grabbed the phone and put it on speaker.

  "How's Tanker treating you?" Lily laughed.

  "He's driving me crazy," Lica yelled and I giggled.

  "Theodora Breanna Daley," someone yelled and I tensed jerking my head towards the front of the compound.

  "Oh no," I whispered.

  "Teddy is that who I think it is?" Lica asked and just nodded my head hearing Lily tell her I nodded my head yes.

  "Theodora, my baby girl look at you. I told you these biker aren't good for anything but hurting you."

  "Who are you?" Willow asked and I shrunk back into the swing.

  "I'm her..."