Chapter Nineteen

*Teddy*

  "Lica, are you okay?"I asked sitting beside her.

 "No," she whispered. "How was he out? He shouldn't have been released. I don't understand how."

 "Tony," I whispered. "He got him released, I'm sorry."

  "What are you sorry for," Lica asked. "You shot and killed him. He can't hurt me ever again."

  "You saved me from my mom and I saved you from that sicko," I smiled resting my head on her shoulder. "We should probably go back out front."

  "Probably," she said standing up. "After this we are getting you a new hair style, I'm thinking something more neon."

  "I was thinking more from marvel or dc comics since the street fair is coming up," I said as we walked back into the main room in time to the agents looking over Kain's body.

  "Is it bad that I'm happy that he is dead?" She asked as we walked over to the guys and I jumped so I was sitting on the counter.

  "Nope," I smiled. "Someone should have killed him years ago. I don't feel guilty for it."

   "Teddy," Hacker said as the guys turned to look at us. "Are you okay?"

  "I'm fine Preston," I smiled grabbing the hair tie Lica handed me and I pulled my hair up out of my face. "Where's Zach?"

  "Still at the old compound," he said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "You called me Preston."

  "Yep," I smiled kissing his cheek. "Miss, we have a few questions for you."

  "Okay," I shrugged looking at the detective. "I'm not moving so you can ask them in front of my friends."

  "You shot the deceased," he said and I nodded. "We haven't found any identification on him, you know who he is?"

  "You can tell them T," Lica said and squeezed his hand.

  "His name was Kain Harrison," I said looking at Lica when she flinched. "He was an abuser and a rapist. He hurt Lica before I finally got her to tell the cops were he was sent to prison and should have still been there. Tony said that he got him released and was going to let him hurt Lica again. He was going to hurt her, Lily, Ari,Willow and Bailey so I shot him and would do it again."

  "That is all for now," the detective said walking off. "Don't leave town."

  "I hate it when people talk about him," Lica muttered dropping her head. "Just reminds me how fucked up my childhood was."

  "Mine was too," I said with a shrug. "What happened to my mom anyways?"

  "Still in the holding cell, I think." Colt said and I nodded. "She's been going through withdrawal."

  "That never last," I sighed dropping my head so it rested on Preston's shoulder. "She always goes back to the drugs and alcohol."

  "You don't need her," Willow said giving me a smile. "You have us as a family. As does Angelica."

  "Big ass annoying family," Lica said and I laughed knowing that what she said was true.

  "Home," I smiled and several people repeated it.