Everything Changed

'Jake, how's ur fever now?'
'Why aren't you picking up your phone?'
'Call me back when you can. Love you.'
'See you at school, Jake.'
'Jake! You didn't come to school today. Are you very sick?'
'Came down to ur place but Billy said you have mono and that you can't see me. Please just call me.'
'I'm getting worried, Jake. Please. Call me.'

Aisling scrolls down the endless messages she had sent Jake through out the week. He just cut all contact with her.

MIA for the whole week. She stops her car in course to her house from school and heads to La Push in hopes of seeing the guy she has fallen for.

The weather is gloomy like her mood. Rain splashes down on her car.

She sees a familiar figure walking towards the woods as she parks her car infront of Jacob's house.

"Jake!" Aisling runs up to Jacob.

"Jake! I thought you were too sick to meet me or even pick up." Damn, had he grown. He had grown atleast 4 or 5 inches taller since they last saw each other. He had gotten bigger and more buff.

Aisling cranes her neck higher than usual to see his face. All the curses and anger inside her melts a little when she sees his face.

"You got a tattoo?" She points to a huge tattoo on his shoulder.

He sighs.

"Aisling, I need you to go away. We can't be together anymore. I'm sorry. Please go away." His words play with the strings of her heart.

"What? Jake. What's wrong?"

"I know everything about your filthy bloodsuckers that you live with, The Cullens." He says the word with disgust, wrinkling up his nose.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Cut the crap, Ais. We both know what kind of monsters they are."

"Don't call them monsters. They're my family."

He scoffs and chuckles.

A dark chuckles that sends chills down Aisling's spine.

"I'm serious, Jake. They're the only family I have."

"How did you even find out?" Curiousity got the best of her.

"That's not important."

He takes a deep breath.

"Hey, Jacob!" I hear a familiar voice yell for Jake.

Sam Uley. He's with a group of guys.

"Did Sam get to you?"

"No, he's only trying to help me. That's all." He says, with annoyance laced in his voice.

The conversation was going wrong.

"Okay, Jake. I'm, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my family. How was I supposed to? 'Hey Jake guess what? My family are all vampires'? Let's start afresh. I'll tell you everything honestly." Aisling pleads and places her hand on his warm arm.

He places his warm hand on her cheek which sends a tingle down her body. He comes closer and places his head on her chin, hugging her. His body heat radiates all over her body.

"Can't you see, Ais? It's not just about your family. You and me, it's not going to work out. I'm, I am bad. You'll get hurt. I don't want that. I used to be a good kid. Now, it's all messed up. If you know better, you'll go back to your house and never come back." Whispering this, he places a gentle kiss on her forehead and runs off to his friends in the woods.

The rain shows no mercy. It masks Aisling's tears as she sinks to her knees and cries. She scolds herself for being so pathetic as they only dated briefly.

Jacob runs and runs, not looking back. He could hear her crying. He wanted to drown it out.  The pain in her crying made him want to kill himself for hurting her. I'm sorry, Ais.

He jumps and when he gets down, he's running through the forest on all fours. It's for her safety. He reminds himself. Is it even worth the pain I'm inflicting upon her? A single tear rolls down his eye to his snout.

The nightmares began that night for Aisling. It was mostly shit, sometimes she'd see Jake. That was the sole positive part. She'd get to see him. Waking up, screaming and crying became a nightly routine.

The Cullens knew about the werewolves. They were the ones to make the treaty. They didn't want to put Ais in more danger than she already was, staying with them.

Therefore, the truth remained concealed from her. They were more than aware that Aisling was not 'fine' as she argued she was. Her muffled crying and pretense to be alright was fooling no one.

Life went on. School still sucked. Sunday Breakfast still took place. Jacob transferred to his local school in La Push. Her partner in English changed to Ted. Mid-term took place. It soon became fall. Leaves turned yellow, red and brown. Started falling from trees. Night came earlier. Everything changed. Except her love for Jacob.