Wolves

Aisling stepped out her shiny car, her eyes squinting in the harsh sun. She walked up to the door, knocking on it.
"Aisling! It's been a while." The door reveals a smiling Billy.
"Yes, I came to see Jake."  Aisling hands Billy a bundle of fruits she brought, walking in.
"I'm afraid Jake is still sleeping."
"It's okay. I'll wait for him to wake up." Aisling smiles as Billy places the basket on the kitchen counter.
She makes her way to Jacob's room.
Opening the door, she sees a shirtless Jacob sprawled, blankets tangled around his body on his bed. The AC keeps the room cool.
She walks up to the curtains covering the sliding glass doors. The curtains reveal sunlight, lighting the whole room. A group of really big guys is making their way from the forest.
Sam. He is in the middle of the group.
She squints to recognise someone in the group.
She knew Jacob not talking to her had something to do with Sam and his group. What was up with him? Why did it even matter who Jacob dated?
Sliding the door open, she takes long strides towards the group.
"Aisling." Embry's eyebrows knit in confusion at the girl walking towards them.
"Embry? Quil?" Aisling gets shocked at the fact that they're hanging out with Sam.
"What have you done with Jake?" Aisling demands Sam, pushing him back.
"He has helped. That's what he has done." Paul answers for him, snarling.
"Help? He didn't want this." Aisling scoffs.
"What did he tell you?" Paul asks.
"Nothing. He tells me nothing cause he's afraid of you."
Paul chuckles and smirks.
A surge of anger goes through Aisling. She lifts her hand to slap Paul. The slap causes Paul to growl.
"Paul! Aisling, get back!" Sam shouts.
Aisling is frozen in fear as she watches Paul shake in anger. He growls and jumps.
Aisling watches in horror as he transforms into a wolf - like creature only bigger and taller.
"Aisling!" She hears Jacob shouting behind her. She turns around and runs towards Jacob.
"Jake! Run!" She warns Jacob, running.
As she's running, Jacob 's body morphs into a wolf-like creature.

Confusion and fear floods her mind.
Everything is a blur as the two creatures fight.
"Aisling, let's go. Sam will get them." Embry jogs up to Aisling with Quil as Sam follows the quarrel.
"What? They're fighting. We should go after them." Aisling says in shock.
"No offense but I don't think you would even catch up with them let alone stop them. Sam will bring them. Besides, they're just joking." Quil smiles, signalling Aisling to get in a truck parked behind the house.
Aisling thinks about the legend that Jake told her, sitting in the truck. If vampire can exist, why can't werewolves?

"Where are we? Shouldn't we go back to Jacob? It's been a while now." Aisling asks as she hops down from the truck.
"Sam's place and no. Sam will bring them. Quil says, walking up to the door. The house is huge yet smaller than Jacob's house. It has a cosy feel to it.
"And don't stare at Emily. Sam doesn't like it." Embry says before knocking on the door.
Why would I even stare at her, Aisling thinks.
A copper skinned girl with jet black hair opens the door with smiles.
"Hey, just in time for cookies." She opens the door wide open. She has a melodic voice.
Quil and Embry attack the fresh cookies on the table.
"Let me guess, vampire girl?" Emily asks as she gestures for Aisling to get in.
"Wolf girl?" Aisling asks, settling on a chair.
"I guess I am." Emily smiles and turns around.
As she turns around, Aisling realises why she was told not to stare. Three deep scars that run along the right side of her face and distort her features, pulling down the corner of her eye and her mouth reveal as Emily turns around to wash the dishes.
"Need help?" Aisling asks, standing up.
"I'm fine. Have a cookie." Emily smiles, drying a plate with a towel.
Aisling picks up a cookie when Paul opens the door.
"Aisling. I'm sorry." Paul smiles, sitting next to Quil.
Aisling shrugs. "It's fine."
Sam comes in and kisses Emily. The look in his eyes. It was indescribable. It was filled with pure love.
She sees Jake come up to the door.
"Hey, Aisling. Glad you came. If I had to endure Jake 's thoughts one more time, I'd kill myself." Quil speaks up.
"Maybe, I should call Aisling. Maybe I should not call Asiling" Embry mocks Jacob.
"Maybe I should call and hang up." Paul chimes in, laughter roaring from the guys.
"Enough." Jacob rolls his eyes, signalling for Aisling to follow him.

"Ais! Wait up for me." Jacob yells.
Aisling takes long strides towards the beach.
"Werewolf?" Aisling bites down on her cookie, still not believing the fact that Jacob is a werewolf.
"Yeah. That's the secret." Jacob scratches his head.
"You kept this huge thing from me?"
"To be fair, you didn't tell me about your bloodsuck- vampires."
"That's different. It was their secret, not mine." Aisling huffs.
"Okay, I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep you safe." Jacob sighs.
"Safe? My family is composed entirely of vampires."
"You saw Emily right. Once, Sam got angry, phased and Emily was too close. He mauled her face. He still hasn't forgiven himself for that. I didn't want to risk the chances of me doing that to you, Ais. I would never forgive myself." Jacob whispers the last sentence.
Aisling takes a minute to take it all in.
"So, you guys can hear each other's thoughts?" She asks, thinking about Quil, Embry and Paul teasing Jake.
"Only when we are in our werewolf form." He promptly replies. "It's quite helpful in coordination but other times, invasion of privacy."
"So wait, who's faster? Werewolves or vampires." Aisling asks, curious.
"Werewolves." Jacob shrugs.
"I mean, I've rode multiple times on a vampire. They are pretty fast. Are you sure you guys are faster?" Aisling raises an eyebrow.
"I'll give you proof then." She hears the tearing of clothes and before her Jake has transformed into a werewolf.
"Woah! I still have yet to get used to this." She exhales, craning her neck to look at the giant, brown wolf.
She notices the eyes are exactly like Jacob's. The wolf crouches down, signalling Aisling to get on his back.
"What? What if I fall?"
The wolf roll his eyes as if saying "oh please."
Aisling slowly puts his leg around Jake's back, positioning herself properly. His fur is soft and silky. She slowly pets his head.
"You know, I always wanted a dog." She says. Jake lets out a noise from his throat which sounds like laughter.
He takes a few steps slowly, his speed increasing.
Soon, the forest is a whole blur. He is running so fast, the wind screaming in her ears. She holds on tightly to the long fur, her hair blowing.
She had never felt this alive. Not ever since they went cliff diving. There's a huge rock like cave in front of them, gradually increasing in size as Jake runs.
"Jake, look out." Aisling screams.
At the last second, Jake leaps over the huge cave. Along with the leap, her heart also jumps.
"That was awesome!" Aisling shrieks as Jake gets on his four limbs and starts running again.
Jake's head turns around and gives a smug look at Aisling.

A/N
So, Ais found out!
Enjoy!
-Simran