Mimicry

Edward sat on the edge of his seat, listening to the rythmatic heartbeat slowly fading. Carlisle held Esme's hand tightly.
After a few heartbeats, it stops.
Edward heads straight to the guest room.
He opens the door to an awake Aisling sitting on the stainless steel table.
"Ais?" Her eyes are a colour of dark red and her skin is ghostly pale.
"Edward." She zooms into his arms, knocking the wind out of him.
"You know, you're a lot stronger than me." Edward huffs out, her strong arms tight around his neck.
Aisling looks around the room, seeing little details she never used to see before.
The slight dent in the wall, the wings of a housefly perched on the window frame and the structure of the leaves of the trees outside the house.
The growing hunger in her stomach calls out to her like a ringing.
"Edward, I'm hungry." Aisling confesses.
"All my fault." Edward says.
"Your fault?" Aisling asks.
A look of confusion passes through his face.
"Ais, I didn't say that out loud. You must have read my mind. Your gift must also be telepathy." Edward manages a small smile.
"Let's go." He leads her out of the room into the living room.
Everything feels new and weird.
"Aisling." Esme smiles, hugging her.
All of the family gives her a giant hug which makes her feel like nothing's changed.
"I looked at your future and your special ability is to mimic powers!" Alice squeals, smiling.
"That is why you were able to read Edward's mind. You absorbed his energy signatures and were able to possess his ability." Carlisle explains.

"How do you feel?" Edward asks his sister, walking out of the woods. He had just taught her to hunt.
"I don't know, actually. I'm scared. Of what I might do. Due to my hunger. And what Jacob is going to think of me now." Aisling confesses.
"I'll guide you in this whole mess, Ais.
And what would Jacob think of you?"
"I don't know. I'm a bloodsucker now. As he phrases it." Aisling remembers the afternoon they had spent debating whether werewolves or vampires are stronger.
"If he loves you, he won't have any problem with you being a vampire. During the transformation, he stayed beside you the whole time. Trust me, he loves you." Edward smiles.
"And what if I smell and you guys say, werewolves smell like wet dog." Aisling panics.
Edward chuckles.
"You smell pretty fine to me."
"Emmett already informed him that you're up. Not long before he arr-" Edward stops as he notices Jacob walking towards them.
"Talk of the devil."
Aisling's heart sinks, nervous and scared as she faces Jacob.