He Is Back

"Yeah, I'll get home at around 8 or 9." Aisling informs her father, marinating chicken wings.
She puts her phone in her jacket with her clean hand and gets back to marinating all the chicken wings.
"Do you guys have this thing like, every month?" She raises an eyebrow at Emily, frying hotdogs.
"Yeah, we just all get around the fire, eating and sharing folklore." Emily smiles.
"I mean, can I even come?" Aisling asks.
"Why, cause you're known as vamp girl?"
Aisling chuckles.
"I mean, from what I hear from Emmett, vamps and wolves aren't exactly bffs."
"You are a part of our family now. Of course, you're welcome."
A strong arm wraps around Aisling's waist.
"Hey, babe." A kiss on her cheek sends butterflies flying in her stomach.
She turns around and puts her hands around Jake's neck.
"You guys had fun?" She asked, smiling. Jake smiled but there was something bothering him.
"What happened?"
"Nothing." Jake smiled, leaning in to kiss her.
Quil clears his throat, exaggerating it.
"Uh guys, if you didn't notice through all your tongue action, we are eating here. We don't want to barf it all back up."
Aisling laughs, throwing a piece of raw meat at him, which he caught in the palm of his hand perfectly.

The fire crackles. Aisling is all cuddled up beside Jake,their fingers intertwined.
It feels cozy and safe being next to Jake's steady heartbeat.
She thinks about all the folklore that Billy just shared. The history was just mindblowing. She learnt about the treaty her family signed with the werewolves of this area.
She learnt about how werewolves came to be.
Jake's body shook from him laughing at something Embry said.
Aisling looked up to him.
His eyes crinkled up, his nose scrunched up. He looked so perfect, laughing.
Jake looked down at her, leaning in to kiss her on her forehead.
"I love you." He whispered.

"Are you sure?" Jake's face reflected worry.
Aisling placed her hands on his face, lifting her toes to meet Jake's height.
"Yes, Jake. I can drive home, on my own. Now go help clean up. I have to hurry or else Dad will kill me." Aisling gave a quick peck on his soft lips.
"With me, it'd be faster." He pouted.
She opened the cardoor, throwing in your bag.
"I don't want to puke up all the meat I just ate." Aisling said and slid into her car.
Aisling waved at him, before staring your car and zooming off into the woods.
His figure became more and more distant until it was a small dot.
It was like any other night but somehow she felt eyes on her.
She looked around, to find only trees and darkness.
Only 20 miles more, she thought and drove.
A figure waved at her infront, signalling for a lift.
Her headlights shone upon a girl, maybe in her twenties, in a tee and shorts.
She slowed her car next to the girl.
She opened her window down.
"Could I get a lift?" The girl asked.
"Sure. Where to?"
"Just outside of this woods."
"Hop on in." She was about to drive away when a familiar voice called her name.
"Aisling dear, won't you take me too?" The voice was enough to send chills down her spine. She felt paralysed right there. He walked up to the car, opening the locked cardoor with ease.
"Miss me?" His face had not changed one bit. His eyes held the same sinister look as it had years ago.
The small lift of his smile. The piercing on his lips.
"You smell like dog." He said crinkling up his nose, "but like always, inviting." He smirked, pulling her body out.
She screamed, hoping to god, Alice had seen this already and was coming down to help her.
"And like always, screaming." He rolled his eyes and put his hand over her mouth tightly.
"I swear to god if you don't shut up, I'll tear your mouth up and drink the blood off it." He laughed creepily.
Her mind didn't want to accept the fact that he was back. That James was back.