Chapter 9: The Choice

Krissy's Point of View
I looked at myself in the mirror. Every time Morgan transformed me into Kate, I couldn't believe what I looked like. Who would have thought that I would be caught wearing a super short black dress with a dip in the front. Only wearing matching black pumps. Not me, that's for sure.

"Are you sure?" I asked the girls

"Are you sure?" I asked the girls. They both nodded, inspecting my outfit. I felt like I was missing something. Or maybe I had too much. I should change. This isn't me. Blake would never even look at me. What am I even doing. This is not worth it.

"Curls. Her hair needs to be in curls." Sophie said. I looked at her, my previous thoughts dispersing. Of course this isn't me. I'm Kate tonight. I have to act like the sassy, hot girl Blake likes. He wants the brunette who acts like she has no care in the world and knows how to act at a party.

"I agree!" Morgan added. I rolled my eyes. They had been like that for the last hour. One would mention something and the other would freak out and agree. It's as if they have been best friends their whole life and i'm the one that just moved here.

"Stop Kris. You look amazing and will be the center of attention, mostly Blake's." Sophie said with a smirk at the end. I looked at Morgan. She nodded, agreeing with Soph. I sighed. There was no way out of this.

"Alright, alright. Let's go before I chicken out." I said feeling my nerves start to jumble. I could feel the regret starting to seep in.

"Ten minutes. We need to look hot too." Morgan pointed out. I nodded. I sat down and took my phone out. I clicked on the twitter app. I saw a bunch of retweets about the party we were going to. Most were about Blake being there.

I could feel my nerves start to jumble even more. Was I ready for this? Did he really want to see me? Was he just playing me?

"Kris! Kris! Earth to Krissy." Morgan said while waving her perfectly manicured hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times before turning to look at them. They were looking at me weary.

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked. I nodded. I stood up and smoothed out my dress. I shook my body a little and took a deep breath.

"I'm as ready as i'll ever be." I said to them. They both nodded. I grabbed my clutch and walked out of the room. They were both hot on my tail.

"Krissy? Where are you- woah."

I turned around to see my mom in the hallway. She was staring at me with wide eyes. I looked down at my outfit and began to feel insecure.

"Hey mom. Is it okay if I go to a party?" I asked. I felt bad about not asking earlier. I told her that Morgan and Sophie were going to sleepover and here I was changing the plans.

"Of course! You look beautiful Krissy." My mom said through teary eyes. I took her compliment and thanked her.

"Thanks Mrs. Reagan. Promise to take care of her. But we have to go now." Morgan said to my mom. She grabbed onto the crook of my elbow and began to pull me down the stairs. I waved at my mom before following Morgan and Sophie down the stairs. We walked passed the living room where my dad was passed out. I held a giggle in. He can never stay up past 9.