Chapter 28: The End

Blake's Point of View
I smiled as I saw Krissy wearing the necklace I got her. It shined in the sun as the crystal hung. She looked even more beautiful today. She was wearing her white cap and gown, smiling at our friends. We were all gathered together, awaiting the ceremony to begin.

Today was our high school graduation. It was the last time we would all be at the same school. We'd be leaving our entire lives behind and moving onto far greater things. It was the end of a chapter but the beginning of another. I couldn't wait for it to begin.

I fixed my black tie and grabbed my red gown. I slid it on, zipping it up the middle. I added my matching cap over my blond locks and walked over to my friends. They were laughing and smiling, but I knew we were all hiding our true feelings. We'd be away from each other. Asher, Sophie, Adam, and I would be moving to California in a couple of weeks. We'd go to UCLA and learn to live in Los Angeles. Morgan was going to be cheering for Ohio State University, moving to another cold state and then, Krissy would be staying here and going to Harvard. I guess only two of us would really be separated from the rest. I mean there was Hanna, but she doesn't really hangout with us. Besides, she goes to a different school.

"Kids, please get in line. The ceremony is going to be starting any minute now." One of our teachers said to us. Everyone nodded, getting in line. We were supposed to be lined up in alphabetical order. I would be in front of Sophie, Krissy would be a couple of people in front of me and then Asher was behind us. Adam and Morgan were farther up the line. Their last names being before ours.

"This is crazy." Sophie mumbled. I nodded. This was crazy. We were finally ending our high school lives and to think that we didn't really start them together. Sophie moved away at the start of freshmen year. I decided to rebel and my whole life changed.

Now, we are both together again and ending this chapter in our life together. So many things changed from then to now and they were definitely for the best. I mean I never would have thought i'd be going college, much less with a football scholarship.

"Kids, please proceed to your seats." One of the teachers announced. We all did as we were told. I was careful to not step on the girl in front of me. She was really struggling to walk in the heels she was wearing. I don't understand why she's even wearing them. She was definitely going to be tripping over the grass. Our graduation was on the football field. It was a tradition from many years ago.

We all quickly took our seats. The football stadium was filled to the brim. Families and friends were all here to celebrate with us. They either had smiles on their faces or tears in their eyes. They were all extremely proud of us and our accomplishments.

I was able to see my family from where I was sitting. Mom and Dad, and Marc were wearing proud smiles as they stared down at my siblings and I. I looked around and saw Asher's parents nearby. Krissy's parents were also near mine. I wonder why they weren't sitting together. Oh wait, they haven't met each other yet. Maybe Krissy and I should do that later today. I mean we did plan on being together after college.

"Hello, and welcome to the Hartford 2018 Commencement Ceremony. Thank you for joining us tonight. We will begin with the Valedictorian speech before moving onto the diplomas and our final farewell speech. Your valedictorian, Kristina Reagan." Our principal said gesturing to Krissy. Krissy nodded and began to walk up to the stage. She was careful of not tripping, almost missing the last step. I stifled a chuckle, watching her cheeks turn red from embarrassment. She took her spot on stage behind the podium and began to speak into the microphone.

"Hello, I am Kristina Regan, or Krissy to most. I want to start off by thank you all for being here on this special day. It is hard to believe that we are finally graduating and leaving this school behind. I still remember walking through the front doors for the very first time. I was foreign to this school just as everyone else. We were racing with excitement but also nervousness of starting something new. Slowly, we all began to find our spots and roles between the school. Some decided to pursue sports," Krissy said looking at me and then to Morgan. Morgan cheered, causing a chuckle to erupt from the crowd. "Others decided to focus on learning, me being one of them. But, soon I learned that it was okay to venture away from what was considered the normality."