Chapter 21: The Mistake

Krissy's Point of View
The Christmas music was playing in the background as Blake's and I's date went on. We had kissed and talked all day. I couldn't be happier. I just wished he knew the truth.

I got up from our booth, taking our empty cups up to the register. I smiled as I walked away. I was happy. I was hanging out with the guy I liked. The guy I was crazy about. My life was now falling it to place and nothing could mess it up. Nothing at all.

"Hi, gorgeous. How can I help you?" One of the workers asked. He had light brown hair, almost red with emerald green eyes. His button nose made him adorable but the cocky attitude quickly covered that up. I gave the worker a tight lipped smile. I wasn't in the mood for his flirting. I only needed it from one guy and he was here with me.

"Can I please get more hot chocolate?" I asked. He nodded, taking my empty cups. I turned around and saw Blake looking at me. My heart skipped a beat. The way his eyes were staring into mine made me want to melt to putty. My knees wanted to go weak and my heart swelled up with joy.

"Are you with that guy?" The worked asked. He was eyeing Blake with a look of disgust. I nodded, not wanting to look away from Blake. My heart began to beat faster as his blue eyes stayed connected to mine. "He won't last."

"What?" I asked the worker. I broke the eye staring and glared at the worker. He glanced behind me and then shook his head in disappointment. He had no right to tell me that. He doesn't even know him. He doesn't know what we've been through.

"That guy doesn't have real feelings for you. He's only using you to get what he wants and that's usually sex." He said placing two hot chocolates on the counter. I felt my anger radiate onto him as I glared daggers into his soul.

"You're wrong." I said reaching for the hot delicious liquid. I was careful of not spilling it as I walked away from that jerk.

Who does he think he is to tell me that Blake doesn't really like me. He doesn't know what we've been through or how Blake acts to know that he does have feelings for me. He has to have feelings for me. He has to.

But what if he was right? What if Blake is only using me? That can't be true. Blake wouldn't do that, at least now he wouldn't. He's sweet, caring, and understanding. He wouldn't use me.

"Krissy? What is this?" Blake asked once I placed the cups down on the table. I was confused at his change of tone. I looked up, suddenly feeling scared and afraid.

His face was now turning red as he clutched my phone in his hand. I widened my eyes. What is he talking about? He didn't-he couldn't have. This cannot be happening.

"Blake, calm down. Tell me what is going on." I said slowly sitting down across from him. I could feel his rage radiating onto me. I was beginning to feel nervous. He knew and I couldn't do anything about it. This definitely could not have happened at a worse time.

"Explain to me Krissy why I texted Kate and your phone lit up with the same exact text message." Blake said through gritted teeth. I gulped. I guess it was now or never. I just wished it was never.

"I can explain. I-um well you see-the thing is that." I stuttered, trying to find the words to explain to him that i'm Kate and why I was Kate. "A couple of months ago, Morgan convinced me to go to a party with her. I got black out drunk and couldn't remember anything."

I watched as Blake's face stayed bunched up in anger. His ears were still a bright red as he waited for me to continue my story. I only knew his face was going to get angrier as I told him what was next.