Chapter 20: The Snow

Krissy's Point of View
I kept replaying it over and over in my head. It only happened last night but I couldn't stop imagining it. I wanted it to happen again. It needed to happen again.

The way his lips felt against mine as we moved in sync. The sparks that flew as we touched. It was better than the kiss we shared while I was Kate. This one had meaning behind it, I just didn't know what it meant. Did it mean something to him?

"Kristina Reagan! You are not to leave this house!" My grandmother scolded me. I was sitting at the dining table while she glared daggers at me from across it. It was Christmas Eve and we were having a nice breakfast. Note the sarcasm.

She has been angry at me since the glass of wine dropped on the pearly white carpet. She has been even more pissed seeing that I had brought a boy into my room. Don't even get me started on the fact that it was a Tyler, the Blake Tyler. Apparently, she does not get along with Blake's mom. So, I found it very strange that she was invited to the gathering last night, but I didn't ask. I don't need to add another thing to the list of things she hates about me. That's already long as it is.

"You will not leave your room unless it is for meals or you have been told to do so. You are to not disturb your grandfather and I tonight." She finished saying in anger. I nodded and looked down at my meal, trying not to roll my eyes. She can't lock me up. I have a balcony I can sneak out of. Well I would if I could.

I'm too scared to disobey my grandparents. Even if they are totally evil and controlling, a reason my mom does not associate herself with them, they still are my family. I just wish they would give me a chance to show them who I am. All my life they have treated me like scum because my mom doesn't want them in her life. She only does it for me. Hopefully one day, they'll realize I want them in mine.

"Kristina Reagan." I heard my name be called. I looked up from my scrambled eggs and bacon. It was my grandfather speaking to me. He had a kind smile on his face. Unlike my grandma, he doesn't get mad at unusual things. He has given me a chance to show him who I am. It's one of the only thing that gets me through this horrible break.

"Yes grandfather?" I asked. He reached for the maroon napkin on his lap and cleaned his lips before speaking to me.

"You are graduating this upcoming semester, correct?" He asked. I nodded. I had 16 weeks left before i'd be off on my own. It excited me and terrified me at the same time. "Where will you be going to school in the fall?"

"Harvard. I applied to all the elite schools, but my first choice is Harvard." I said in my polite tone. My grandparents' eyes widened as I spoke. I bet they were going to encourage me to attend Yale. That is their alma mater.

"What about Yale, Kristina?" My grandmother asked. She was trying to hide her disappointment and disgust at my choice school. I prevented myself from rolling my eyes.

"Nonsense, Katherine. She will attend wherever she desires. Krissy here will be going to Harvard." He told her. I felt a small smile slide onto my face. Grandpa is always on my side. "Now Kristina, how will you be paying for it?"

"Umm I have a job, so I have some money saved up. I'm looking at outside scholarships. I will also take out a loan and-" He cut me off.

"We will pay for everything that you need. No questions asked. You deserve the best education and if Harvard has it for you, then very well." He said. My smile widened as I saw the proudness in my grandfather's eyes. I was attending Harvard and he was happy for me. Now if only my evil grandma could change too.

-

I stared at my ceiling again. It seemed to be my favorite hobby here since i'm on house arrest. I was waiting for my parents to arrive so they could get me out of this horrible room. I was bored out of my mind. I even tried calling Morgan but she was busy with her family for the holidays. Sophie is probably with Asher. Hanna is more than likely helping out at the diner. All my friends were busy, leaving me to suffer alone.