Chapter 17: Hope

She heard Disgust speed her ship. She watched it leave the area leaving her and Love to finish the mission. The two had taken care of the two enemy ships and were now free falling. She could only sigh. She saw Love grab her hand and used his other to send string. The two stopped a few feet from the ground. Love laughed a little. "That could have been messy." She only shook her head as Love dropped her to the ground. She landed on her feet and pulled her pistol out. She sighed. She heard Love drop behind her. "Hm. Wait, where is Shame?" She hadn't thought about him from all the action. She was about to answer but heard a garage opening. The two turned and looked to see Shame with three motorcycles. "Well, nice timing." Hope said to him. Shame nodded. "They had one of there special soldiers come at me. He was nothing though." Love gave Shame a fist bump. "We had two come at us. We lost an agent." Love walked past to one of the bikes. As expected he chose the green one. "Who did we lose?" He asked, looking at Jade. "Joy. He was sniped." Shame looked shocked. And squeezed his hand. "That poor kid." She could tell that was all Shame could come out with. Jade put her hand on his shoulder. "He fought hard. If it weren't from him, we wouldn't have gotten the object. Now we just need to meet at the evac." She walked passed him to the black one. "Let's get going boys. We have ground to cover." She looked to Love, who only nodded back.

She looked to her left and right. Lubbock was right beside her as Shame quickly sped up passing both. "So, how much farther?" Lubbock yelled. She could only shrug back to him. She hasn't been able to check since they gotten on the road. All she knows is, they still have a good distance still. "Well, at least me know the general direction." He yelled. Two big trucks with good sized platforms attached pulled out infront of Lubbock and Jade. Two figures were standing on one each and were staring. "Ugh, they don't look friendly!" Love yelled. One of the two pulled out a pistol and began unloading it on Lubbock and Jade. She quickly jerked her motorcycle to the side, dodging the bullets. "I'll take the guy who shot at us! You and Shame deal with the other!" Love sped up heading towards the guy. Shame pulled off to the side of the truck. He slowly started standing on his bike. Jade quickly pulled her pistol out and provided cover fire for Shame. The man quickly dove to the ground, the bullets missing. Shame had leaped onto the platform, making his bike crashed into the ground, sending it flying towards Jade. She swiftly steered to the left dodging the bike. She glanced over to Love who had already made it onto the platform. The two were in a standoff, presumably talk down to eachother. She spent her birthday pulling up to the side of the platform. She had charged at the mysterious fighter. He jumped and attempted to slam his fist into the mans chest but the man quickly rolled away and swept Shame's feet out from under him. "The names Viper..." The man said in a deep harsh tone. "You must be agent Shame. One with great power and strength." He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Shame's head.

Jade started standing on her bike. She leaped and grabbed the mans arm with the gun. He quickly brought his foot into her stomach and kicked her towards the other end of the platform. Shame had recovered and punched Viper right on his left check, which made him stumble a good feet. "You both are dead to me. By the orders of my boss. Me and partner Leo must and will kill you." Jade got up, confused by the man and hi words. "Who is your boss and is he apart of Leon Corps?" Viper only chuckled at her comments. "If you knew, it would take the fun out of it." She raised a brow at him. "I doubt you know the word 'fun', to me you are only practice." He shook his head to her. "I think you don't understand how better trained me and my partner are. I will show you both just who you're messing with." Jade didn't get this guy. He seemed really confident in what he is saying. She knew her and Shame needed to be careful but how? She tried to focus on the man but she couldn't. This guy showed no hint of fear or nervous. He looked calm and ready. Shame charged towards him. Viper only smirked. He waited till Shame attempted a punch and Viper grabbed his arm slinging him at Jade. She quickly leaped over Shame and charged at Viper. She threw a punch but was easily deflected.

The two were both locked into a fist fight. Every punch getting deflected by the other. She was getting annoyed by this man. She has never fought anyone this skilled and he only seems to get tougher and tougher. She heard Shame stood up which gave her some sort of hope in this fight. She just has to keep going, she's sure Shame will think of something. She also hopes Love will somehow beat his problem soon. But if Viper is right, Lubbock will be fighting for a while. She just has to trust in Shame and what he does next.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I hope you all Enjoy! Sorry it took so long! I have been busy with high school and such. I also have other stories started so please check them out as well! Thanks!