Chapter 18: Love

"Agent Love. I've heard of such a name but never thought I'd get to fight him myself. It's truly an honor." Leo said. Lubbock despised the guy. He's been standing there for minutes now, talking about how happy he is to fight Lubbock. He was really annoyed with his overuse of words. Lubbock thinks he's all talk and no game. It makes sense this is the case. All Leo is doing is stalling so his pal can kill his other friends. Lubbock wasn't having it. He gripped onto his daggers tightly. He would use his string but that could prove more dangerous against this guy. Lubbock could tell Leo was studying him. He was waiting for Lubbock to make the first move. Lubbock understood his fighting style from the start. He mainly focuses on dodging every move Lubbock will make then countering it with his own style. Lubbock was confused yet annoyed by him. He wanted to beat him, he had too. "You are quite the annoying assassin. What a joke." Lubbock said, smirking. He decided to play along with Leo, see how annoyed Lubbock can make him. Leo just shrugged. "A joke? Hm. I doubt you know what I'm capable of." Lubbock was happy Leo was talking still. What Leo doesn't know is Lubbock hasn't been wasting his time. "Well, I guess you really don't know how fighting works." Leo tilted his head. "What?" He asked. Lubbock had a knife tied onto string come from the other side of the platform. "Take this!" He tightened his fist making the knife come towards Leo from behind. Lubbock knew he had Leo. There was no way Leo knew this.

Lubbocks face quickly changed as Leo leaped over it, dodging the knife completely. The knife came towards Lubbock, slashing him in the shoulder. "Petty attempt." Leo said. He slowly walked towards Lubbock. "H-how could you predict that?" Lubbock asked. Leo only gave Lubbock as devilish smile. "I know all you are capable of, agent Love." He said, stopping a few feet from Lubbock. "I don't understand how. I was sure you didn't see it coming." Leo just shrugged. "Lucky guess I presume. Now who's the joke?" He pulled out his own dagger. "Now, let's end this quickly, before your friends show up." He said, pulling his dagger back.

"Not today!" It was Shame running into Leo. Leo went stumbling a few feet. "Great, another nuisance!" Shame looked to Love. "I'll take care of big mouth." He said as he charged at Leo. He quickly went to punch Leo. Leo quickly reacted, leg sweeping Shame to the ground.

"Petty strike." Leo pulled out his pistol and quickly fired a few rounds into Shames chest. "Shame!" Lubbock screamed. Leo smirked as Shame laid there not moving a muscle. Leo slowly aimed his gun at Lubbock. "Sorry agent Love, you're next." He was about to pull the trigger before Sorrow appeared. She kicked the gun out of Leo's hand. "What! Who are you!?" Leo threw a punch but Sorrow was quick. She kicked Leo in the chest, sending him off the platform. She looked to Lubbock and nodded, then pointed to Hope and Viper across the way. Lubbock nodded, deciding to let Sorrow help Shame. He watched her get Shame up to his feet.

Lubbock turned and ran towards the edge and leaped. He landed onto the other platform as the one he was just on with Shame and Sorrow went into a tunnel. He looked over to Hope and Viper who were still locked into fighting. He saw Viper kicked Hope away from him, putting her next to Lubbock. "You okay?" Lubbock asked, extending a hand to her. She nodded and grabbed his hand, letting Lubbock help her to her feet. "Well, besides creep over there, yeah I'm fine." Lubbock was happy to hear that. "As it is apparent. Me and my partner have already failed our mission. It wouldn't be worth fighting you two." Viper said leaping off of the platform. Lubbock tilted his head, confused as to why Viper decided to leave like that. "I guess we'll have to kill both of them another time." Lubbock said. "Yeah, well I'm just glad this mission is over." Hope replied.

The two leaped off the platform. "Glad you all made it." It was Pain. He smiled shaking Lubbocks hand. "Lubbock!" It was Raven. She came running towards him, giving him a hug. "We got worried about you guys. We've been waiting for a while." She said. "We ran into some problems, but it's alright." Pain spoke up. "Shame was rushed back, where's Joy?" Lubbock sighed. "Joy was killed." Pain muttered under his breath and walked off. Lubbock could tell Raven became sad over it. This was the first time an agent has died on a mission. "Poor Joy, he was so young." Raven said, tightening her hug on Lubbock. Jade only agreed and walked off. "I know. Let's go home Raven." She nodded and Lubbock placed a arm around her and walked her onboard the ship.

Despair ran at Lubbock, hugging him. "My dear Lubbock! Glad to know you are safe." She said, crying over Joy's death. Her and Joy were close. The two always saw eachother as brother and sister. Lubbock remembers Despair helping Joy sleep one night when he couldn't. The two had a Older sister and younger brother type of relationship. When Pain told her about Joy's death, she broke down. "Thanks, Despair. Sorry for Joy. He loved us, but you especially." She only agreed and let go of Lubbock. She walked off, still crying. "The Contractor, wants to question you and Jade. He wants to find out who killed Joy." Pain said. Lubbock could only nod. Once Lubbock finds out who killed Joy, Lubbock will kill whoever did it.

He looked at the agents in the ship with him. They all looked down. Lubbock decided he needed to speak up. "Look, I know it's hard for us to accept such a fate that took place on a member of our family. That only shows why we need to get stronger for eachother. We don't let these people get away with this." Some nodded there heads. They all stood in silence. None had anything else to speak on the matter. But what these agents don't understand is that Joy is only the first. What these Agents will have to go through next will be even worse. Unfortunately, Lubbock had a feeling it was only going to get worse. He just hopes his team is ready for what's to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! We have about 1 or 2 more chapters left! There will be a sequel to this and some stories on big missions the agents were apart of! Thank you guys so much!