Chapter Eight | Dreams

Short A/n—Like my art? Just popped into my head and there you go. (That's not actually what Reader looks like—just a representation.) You'll see why I made Sans 3 inches taller than you in future chapters~~~ (actually nvm)

---

"I'll meet ya up ahead." He winked, going the other way. Up ahead? But he just went back—Okay I'll just ignore that and continue walking forward.

I look back and he's gone. ... Not even gonna question it.

"You really are quiet, Frisk. What's buggin' ya?" "Nothing... I'm just thinking about why he just stopped... you know?" Huh.. that is something to think about.... maybe he's just afraid of Papyrus dying..? I don't know, maybe that is the reason... He probably just really cares about his brother.

We reach a town, very.. uh.. Christmassy... There's a banner that says "WELCOME TO SNOWDIN TOWN!". Guess that's what this place us called. And it's a pun...

I see the shop Sans mentioned, so the Inn must be right beside it. We go inside the Inn and there is a rabbit-type monster. She greets us 'hello' and we greet back.

"I would like to ask if this key is valid for staying here.." I show her the key and she inspects it. "Sure! The rooms are upstairs, room S5 is vacant." She gives it back, I nod and take Frisk upstairs. S5? That's alot of rooms to—Oh. It's this one. The door is just next to the stairs. I unlock the door and we go inside. Closing the door behind me, the room is very... how do I put it? Used? There are dirty socks piled up in a corner, a small tornado(?), a double-decker bed, and there's a blue dresser beside the bed.

"I call top!" I climb the ladder, almost hitting my head on the ceiling. "Aww, but I wanted top!!" Frisk pouts, climbing into her bed on the bottom. "Don't you remember the last time you called top?" "Heheh.. yeah... But our roommates got a pretty good laugh out of it, right?" "And you got a trip to the hospital." "Goodnight, sis." "Goodnight, sis." I tuck myself in and I instantly sleep.

~ • • • ~

Its dark and I'm alone.. my breathing becomes faster and beads of sweat accumulate on my forehead. I screw my eyes shut, putting my head in my palms. "No, I don't want this one, not again.." I open my eyes. I'm at a party...

Everything seems to be alright, my breathing calms. Everyone is okay, having their small chats and the younger kids are playing games. Then the door opens, my parents are holding a birthday cake. With my name on it. They start the melody of 'Happy Birthday' but it's my version of it. My friends start joining in, then their parents, and Frisk is singing the main chorus.

Everything is fine.. I should be happy..

"Happy Birthdaaaay deeeeaar (Y/n)~.."

"Haaaaaappy Birthday to..."

"Youuuuuuuuu..." Frisk ends the song on a high note, receiving applauds from everyone. "Make a birthday wish, lil' sis!" She nudged me.

"I wish Humans and Monsters would make friends and live happily ever after together!" I exclaimed, blowing out all 5 candles with all my might. We probably didn't have enough candles.

...

Screams rang out from some of the parents. I looked at the source.. There was a tall, scary, goat-monster, a red trident in their arms. My parents set down the cake and readied their weapons. A couple of other monsters—one with cracks in their face and another with a pink bandana wrapped around their head. They were fighting other humans.. The parents.. but not mine.. They got their guns and weapons out and shot. One of the monsters in their little group shot bones of blue and orange color... hitting... my parents..... Frisk shouted as their bodies hit the ground, my eyes getting teary. The two monsters got got eventually, turning to dust. The bigger one, however.. escaped. I collapsed onto the grass, my vision fading to black.

~ • • • ~

I shout, hitting my head on the wood ceiling. I groan. I rub my forehead with a palm, gritting my teeth. I'm sweating and crying.

"(Y/n), are you okay?!" Frisk darts up the ladder. "Y-Yeah, just a bad dream.." I smile, then it just fades away. "Was it that one..?" I nod, another tear fell. "Come down here so I can give you a hug." She spread her arms, smiling. I climb down the ladder and she hugs me tight. I hug back, smiling too.

"You wanna eat breakfast?" "Breakfaaast.." I wipe my sweat and tears with the hoodie sleeve, unhugging. "Come on, let's ask directions." She tugged me outside despite her size, locked the door with the key and lead me downstairs. "Miss, do you know any restaurants or places to eat around here?" She taps the counter. "Why yes, Grillby's is just a walk from here. Have a nice day you two!" She greets, Frisk waves 'bye' and brings me outside. I can already smell the grease and.. Frieeeeesss....

We walk into a resto-bar. The door's bell chimes, the temperature is normal. The smell of food lingers in the air, customers are eating and talking—preferrably not at the same time. There's a jukebox in the corner with a 'Out of Order' sign on it and a stage complete with a brick wall and mic. There's a fire-type monster cleaning a glass with a cloth at the front of the bar. Fire? And they have glasses and apparently fire-proof clothes. Frisk takes me to the front of the bar and we sit down on the stools.

A/n: I know there isn't actually a stage and brick wall but That is gonna come in handy next chapter.

"What would you two like? Burgers or Fries?" The fire monster greets, quiet but smooth voice. Wait a minute... "Two orders of.. Sis what do you want?" "Fries." "Two orders of fries, please." The fire monster pauses for a moment. "Aren't you the one who called the other day?" I blush of embarassment. "Sorry.." "... I'll just get your orders." He goes to the back, he must be the cook and the waiter.. Maybe he's Grillby...

The bell chimes, signaling a customer. There are greetings around the bar—probably a well-known customer. Then I hear a name.. "Hey Sans!" Frisk just grins at me.

---

:3 back from the dead to fix up all these messy chapters