.28.

(A/n: Y'all want this to be the new cover? :3)

Your POV

I take 2 monster candies and I teleport into a dark room. The smell of.. ketchup?—Wait, why am I in his room of all places?! And I don't have any more candies.. I pout.

Ugh. This is the worst... first Frisk, then my relationship with Sans... and I just left Toriel there, alone and with Frisk's... ...

What is there left to live for?

Sans is right..

I should give my soul to Asgore. Whoever that is... I could never give it to Chara. Not after they almost killed everyone. But what about Toriel..?

At least when I ate the candy, my wounds healed. I check my soul. The hole is somewhat bigger now, but it doesn't leak with Determination anymore...

I find the mattress and fall into it, exhausted. I need to rest and I need to read more of that book.

I need more time... before Chara... ...

Sans' POV

Light footsteps are coming from behind me, followed by a gasp. "F-Frisk... Sans, what happened?!" I look behind me. Toriel is teary eyed, shock and worry fills her face. "D-Did you do this..?" "N-No, Chara, they killed.." She ran to the kid's body, kneeling and sobbing beside the bed. "her..."

I feel guilty now.. "Is there anything I can do?" "Call y/n.. please..." I bring out my phone, calling her number.

No answer.

"She's not answering..." "Here..." She handed me her cell phone. I dialed the nunber and called.

"Mom?" I handed the phone back. "Y/n... My child... Wh-Wherever you are... Please... do not give up on any of us..."

It looked like call ended.

Toriel then continued to sob on Frisk's death bed—literally—as I walked out of the door, thinking about what I've done.

She's on the way to the Capital now, is she?

And the last thing I did with her was argue.

Now Karma's gonna come collect my debt.

...

I teleport to Waterfall.

She couldn't have gone that far yet with two pieces of candy, so she's probably somewhere around this area.

I can try SWs, but that'll take a lot out of my magic if she really went far...

I concentrate my magic on her soul waves. They're usually like a happy little tune, like 'The Candy Man'. Mine are like jazz.

...

Snowdin?

...

What's she doing in our house?

I teleport to the door, sweating a bit.

Quietly, I open the door. All the lights are off. And she's not in the living room so... hmm.. ... She's in my room...?

I go up the stairs. With a shaky hand, I knock on the door.

"Who's there?" It's muffled.

"Juno." "Juno who?" "Juno I love you, Juno I care, Juno this song sucks, Bieber is caaancer." I hear a quiet chuckle.

"I'm sorry, and I've already said that phrase more times to you than there were Pacifist timelines..." "whoops.. uh..."

"You know, if you're gonna give your soul to Asgore, it won't work if it has a hole. At least let me give you part of mine?"

"Won't you die?" "Well, theoretically speaking, Monsters can live with only part of their soul just fine. But humans, if one part is not intact for a long time, things can get ugly.."

The door opens. Her soul hovers infront of her, and it looks happy to see me? I bring out my soul and pop out a circle, like it's just a jigsaw puzzle. "Uh.." I can't touch her soul!

"What?" "I can't particularly touch your soul.. so uh...." I feel myself blush. "O-Oh. Umm.." She tries blowing her soul towards the floating blue circle. I try grabbing her soul with magic and pulling it to the circle, but that pink soul is more stubborn than that dog when it stole Pap's special attack.

"Screw it." She grabs my soul piece. "Ah, shit—wh-what's.." I feel weird... REALLY weird..

Narrator's POV

As Y/n grabbed the blue piece and shoved it into the pink soul, Sans' pinpricks grew the size of moons and started blushing a royal blue. Then she started blushing and staring at her shaking hands. "W-What's happening, Sans?"

Sans was too busy cringing and hiding in his jacket hood.

"F-Fuck, what the hell is..." Well, what was happening was that when their souls connected, plus the part where she held the his soul, as Flowey once said, 'If you touch a soul, or another's soul, it can get.. umm... weird?'.

Soon after the little fit, they calmed down. Y/n got used to the little blue piece setting up home in the pink soul, as blue magic surrounded the pink soul in return.

"That was something..." They stood outside of the house, in the snow. "Yeah.. heh.. well.. if you're really sure about going there, I gotta go with you. I don't want to see you hurt and I don't want you hurt." "Okay. But promise me, when we get there, you won't stop me from doing it?"

Sans hated making promises, but he'd do anything for his Star. He nodded, looking out at the 'sky'. Millions of little rocks sparkled.

"It's a beautiful night today, crickets are singing, monsters are sleeping. On nights like these, good people like us... are gonna be set free..." Sans muttered, a calm atmosphere surrounded the two.

It was awfully silent, and they didn't know what to do next.

They looked into each other's eyes, almost at the same time.

The gap between their faces grew smaller and smaller.

(A/n: nope)

Toby tugged at Y/n's shoelace. He was carrying the hoodie on his back. "Oh! Thanks, Tob!" She pet the little white dog, grabbing the piece of clothing and putting it on.

"We should get going now..." Sans answered, a bit annoyed that the little moment was destroyed by the dog. "Yup. I'm sure Papyrus can take care of Toby..." The dog ran inside, closing the door with a paw.

"Oh." "Ready?" Sans held the girl's hand. "You snow it." She made a pun, as they started walking to the Capital.

They were both filled with DETERMINATION.

--

Word count: 1035