,27,

(A/n: ^^^)

Sans' POV

'Not like you all would care'

The phrase played through my mind over and over for the rest of the afternoon while they were gone. I stare at the ceiling, laying on the mattress.

I don't know about the others, aside from Frisk but...

I would care.

I would care if she wasn't here anymore.

I would care if she wasn't on the surface with us.

I would care about a lot of things involving her not being present in my life.

...

I don't think she cares.

I don't think she cares if I gave a fuck.

At least not anymore.

If that's the case, then I shouldn't care either.

My phone rings, Say You Wont let go starts—... kareoke... There's also a miscall.

I look at the caller ID.

It's Y/n.

...

"hello?" "Sans, Frisk wants to tell you something." It sounds like she just cried... n-no. No emotions. I don't care.

"Sans, I'm so s-sorry." Frisk's voice is heard. It's coarse..? "uh-huh. riiight."

"Sans, s-she's serious.. and at the moment is dying." Hmph. Serves the kid right. "you expect me to believe that?" "Now is not the time to be a smartass, Sans." "alright, i believe her. just like i believe in unicorns and goblins." I smirk.

"S-Sis, just end the call.." Frisk coughs. ... The call ended.

What if she was really... no, impossible. The kid can't die, right?

.. Right?

...

I'm such an arse. I dial again the number to say sorry. No one's answering. Shit.

I get up, putting on my jacket, walking to the door and going out of my room.

"Pap, I'm goin' out." "ALRIGHT, SANS! BE CAREFUL!" He yelled from the kitchen. Wonder why he's up so late..

I teleport to the Ruins door.

It's closed.

I try pushing it open, and it works..?

I walk in, closing it behind me.

So this is what the place looks like... all purple. And this corridor is really long.

...

The last corridor...

I shudder, shaking away the thought.

I see a room thats a darker shade, so I go through there. More hallways.. jeez... Tori must love long, dark, and scary places....

I walk up a staircase, and it leads into a nice little house with cream yellow surroundings and wooden antiques. The lights are off, though. On instinct, my eye glows like a flashlight. This must be her house. "Hello? Anybody home?" I peek along the corners, looks like everyone's asleep. I sigh. "Why am I even doing this?" I mutter to myself.

I see a carpeted hallway to my left. I decide to check there first.

There are three doors, the one on the end has a paper stuck to it. I knock on the first one. The door opens, the whole room is blue. Toriel is looking down at me, nightmask(?) pulled up. "Sans, what are you doing up this late?" She rubs her eyes.

"Uh, is Y/n here?" "Yes, the room next to this one. You are not planning on... 'visiting' her, are you?" She smirks. "N-No, uh, she just called me." Heat fills my face.

"Very well. Goodnight, then." "Goodnight.." She closes the door.

A bit hesitant, I knock. I hear footsteps.

"What?" Her voice like poison

"What?" Her voice like poison... I did mess up... "I'm sor—" She slams the door shut. Welp, I tried.

"Sorry doesn't fix death, Sans. You're too late, she's gone now because I didn't give my soul to Chara." ... "Well this never would have happened if you weren't so irrational with your soul!"

"Oh, so now it's my fault for having the most powerul soul? I never asked to have one!" "Couldn't you have just asked Chara to give you more time?" "W-Well, they wouldn't accept anyway!"

"So you could have prevented your beloved murderer's death?" "Don't you dare insult my dead sister!" "You're only protecting that kid because she's your family! If she wasn't, then you would have been glad she died!"

"And if Papyrus wasn't your brother, you wouldn't give a flying fuck if he died! Just like the apathetic lazy ass you are!"

"Then maybe you should give your soul to Asgore and do us all a favor!" I cover my mouth. "FINE!" She shouts.

I don't hear anything in there...

I try opening the door. Locked. I teleport inside. Frisk is on a bed, all bloody and lifeless... ... God, I messed up. Messed up bad.

Y/n isn't here.

There's two monster candy wrappers on the floor.

Shit.

"Damn it, Sans.. you and your giant ego.."

--

Word count: 762