\18\

Sans' POV

I answer, a drop of sweat forms on my skull. "Hello?" "Sans, you have to come by the lab! It's real urgent!" She has a hint of joy and excitement in her voice. In the background I hear giggling. "Oh, is this another anime?" "Not at all! But you have to come by the lab! Use the teleporter if needed! See you, bye!" She ends the call. I sigh, careful not to wake up Y/n while trying to untangle my skeletal fingers from her hair.

I finally am able to get up. Well, I guess I should just go. There's nothing more important I have to do and if I don't go there, she might tell Y/n some bad stuff when she visits again. Before I leave, I write a note and set it down on the spot where I was once dreaming the best dream I ever had in a long time.

I look in one of my drawers for the teleporter, grab it, set it down on the floor and activate it. The portal opens, revealing some of the lab. I step inside the lab, grabbing the teleporter from the other side. I almost had my hand cut off last time, heh.

"Great, you're here!" Alphys, the kid, Paps and Undyne are here. But why though?

"What are you all doing here? Paps, isn't it past your bedtime? And if I'm here, who's at the house with Y/n?" "Sans, Alphys told us something about your girlfriend that was a human, correct?" Undyne fakely smiled, sweating profusely under the temperatures of Hotland.

I walk up to Undyne, grab her by the collar of her shirt and pull her down to my height. "She's not my girlfriend. She's just my friend that is a girl. And don't you dare lay a finger on her otherwise we're gonna have another thing other than fish sticks later. Capiche?" I snarl. She scowls, slapping my hand away from her.

"Sans, that's the last human soul we need and you're not capturing it?!?! Even Papyrus wouldn't do that!!!" "UHM, NYEHEH... UNDYNE, UH..." Her eyes widen at Paps. The kid is hiding behind him. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS CRAP?!" Alphys tries to calm Undyne down but fails miserably.

"Paps... Cover your ears and your eye sockets." I chuckle darkly, eye sockets devoid of anything.

A/n: *Megalovania intensifies*

"Undyne, are you that fucking cold? I only get to enjoy life every once in a while and then you come in and tell me I can't just because my particular love interest is in possesion of the last soul to free all of us? What if that was Alphys and you were me, huh? Would you do that too or are you too thick to give your job just a tiny break?" "Stupid emotions and lovey dovey garbage are nothing but a distraction, Sans! This is the freedom of the entire Underground we're talking about, and it's my job to free everyone as the head of the Royal Guard." Alphys looked shocked at what Undyne first said.

My eye socket twitches.

"What if they emprison us down here again? What the fuck do you expect, after we break the barrier they won't even think to take it all away again after what they've seen D—Him and Mom do to just TWO humans?" "But we could try—" "And what if everything goes wrong? You can't always hope for the best and take risks just like that! It's completely irrational and can put others in danger!"

"What do you know about rationality? All you do is nothing when there's a problem that can be fixed with hard work at hand and you're saying that's a better thing to do than doing Something about it?" "Well at least it doesn't put the lives of many innocent people at risk!"

"That's it, I'm taking the human soul now. Where is it?" She summons a spear. "NO." I yell. As if by instinct, I summon two gaster blasters beside me and white light blasts at the ground. They dig a few feet into the floor.

Everyone stares at me. Shit, did I just do that?

"Why are you so protective over a stupid human? All the humans did to you were kill your mother and many other monsters! Your emotions are getting in the way of all of us and I'll be more than glad to put an end to—" "Undyne, that's enough." Alphys grabs the spear aimed at my skull away, reptillian hand grasping tightly Undyne's arm.

"I-If you're going to talk about 'lovey dovey garbage' and emotions like that, then you've g-got another thing coming. Am I not i-important to you? Is anyone important to you at a-all anymore?" Alphy's voice echoes throughout the lab. Pap stops covering his ears and eye sockets, Frisk just stared.

"Alphys, I'm sorr—" "Don't just apologize to me, apologize to Sans. He's gone through enough emotional pain already and we might even have interrupted him with something important just for your little quarrel. I didn't even call you all here about that, I just wanted to help Sans with Y/n. Now go apologize to each other so we can get down to business."

Undyne sighs and mutters a 'fine'. "Sorry, Sans, sorry Alphys." "Haha. I'm righ—" "Sans." ".. Sorry Undyne. Sorry.. Alphys..."

"Okay. Now, as I said earlier, I wanted to help Sans with Y/n. Believe me, I know when two people are meant to be together and it's getting pretty boring here, So I'm gonna help you." She looked to me.

".. Okay.. but how would this work exactly?" I shoved my hands into my jacket pockets. "Date!" Frisk and Alphys sang. "Oh, right. Frisk and Papyrus gave me a LOT more information and details to what was going on, so you gotta thank them the most." Date?!

"Date? But what if—" "Ashushushushushushh. We'll handle it. Just ask her out and I'll contact a friend. By the way, do you know how to play the Ukelele?" "Ukelele?! Wha—" "Alright, I'll handle that. But just so you know, its a truce until this thing is over. So I'm only helping you for my Alphy." Undyne sighs. Alphys giggles, blushing.

"Now I've devised a plan, and it's absolutely perfect. In the morning..."

~•Hours of explaining later...•~

"... and then MTT will take care of the rest." Ok, seems easy. The only hard part is the asking part. It's on Friday anyway, I'm sure I can handle it.

"This is gonna be awesome." Frisk giggles. "IT SHALL BE VERY GREAT, AS DOCTOR ALPHYS PLANNED!" "Yeah.. Well I think we should hit the hay now." I yawn, stretching.

"Y-Yeah, goodnight guys." "GOODNIGHT!" "Night!" I activate the teleporter and set it to our house so we don't wake up Y/n. Pap, the kid and I step through the portal into the living room. I deactivate the teleporter and put it behind the couch. Everyone goes to their respective rooms, Frisk taking the couch. I walk up to my room and silently close the door behind me.

I climb into bed and close my eye sockets.

--

Word count 1201

Edit: Screw it, the date's gonna be moved to Friday (It's Wednesday in this timeline) because Sans is a wuss

Sans: shut up, kiddo

It's my book, I choose what I do with it

Sans: *summons gaster blasters*

...