-17-

~•Last Time•~

~•Dream Sequence•~

It's dark. Why this dream again and of all dreams it had to be this one? I blink, expecting to end up back at the party. I'm still in the dark, alone. Maybe not, then.. I start sweating, it's really quiet. "Uh, hello?" I call out nervously.

"Greetings."

"I am Chara."

~•Present Time•~

"Chara? O-Okay.. well, I'd.. I'd like to leave now... I do not prefer dark and alone." The girl(?) giggled, her red eyes shining in whatever light source there is in this 'void'. She's wearing a green sweater with a big yellow stripe in the middle and she looks a lot like Frisk in hair length and style, and in height. She has pink rosy cheeks and though this world is pure black, there is some sort of dark aura around her that scares me a little.

"I'm sorry, but you can't leave yet. You still have something we want." There was a creepy echo to her voice, like two people were talking at the same time. "What exactly do you want from me?" "You have a very powerful soul trait, at least 10 times stronger than Determination. You may not have the power to reset, but Faith lets you do anything you put your mind to. So We're here to make a deal with you." "We? Where's your friend then?" I look around. Just her. "Oh, right. You don't remember us, do you Y/n? Or shall I call you Bestie?" She flickered through her clothes now to a blue and white dress with red shoes and blonde hair.

... how does she know that nickname.. Impossible... it can't be Sarah, right?

Memories of my childhood friend flood into my mind. But she moved to Canada years and years ago, and she probably doesn't even remember me anymore. Frisk wasn't very fond of Sarah, but she still supported our friendship. We were just 5 years old by then.

"Anyway, back to what we came for. Give us your SOUL or we will make your life hell." ".. why would you need my soul? Don't all humans have souls?" "Who ever said we were human? Now stop avoiding our deal and give us your SOUL."

"No..." "No? Would you really want to end up like your little friend Sarah?" "How do you know Sarah?" "Let's just say I made a deal with her and she was more than glad to do it, especially when her parent's lives were at stake." What? What kind of deal was that? And was is really necessary to go to that level? "And she really wanted to see you again, especially Frisk." "How do you know Frisk too?" This is weird, I'm asking so many questions.

"We've been watching over her ever since the beginning. And she's been a great help to our little plan for humanity and monster kind~" "Plan? And how were you able to 'watch over' Frisk when we stayed at an orphanage for almost more than half of our lives?" "I'd rather not reveal anything more to you, but for the nth time, we'll ask you or we'll Take it. Give us your SOUL or suffer the consequences."

"My soul seems a great big deal to you, so no. I'm keeping it." "You were just as stubborn as her, how swell. I guess I'll have to take it anyway.. Actually, I can make this more interesting. If you don't give us your soul, every day that passes someone shall die." Oh, crap.. "Hmm.. I guess this is a big decision to make, so every week that passes someone shall die. And We're not picking randomly, it's gonna be someone you love. We're sure that's enough time for you to think on it." She giggles.

"And we wouldn't want to leave the entire Underground empty, would we? But.. If you do accept, We'll be right here. Waiting. Just call."

... Someone I love? If Sans is the first, I'm gonna!... ... I guess I have one week left to live. As much as I like my current life and breathing, I can't bear Sans' death, much more when it's my fault. Even if it's not gonna be him, there's still a possibility.

"Our time is running out, so see you next time Y/n!" She waved, a knife materializing in her palm. And threw it straight at my neck.

"S-SHIT!" I shout, feeling around my neck. No wound, no blood stain. But no Sans. Where'd he go?

I check my phone. It's 6AM, so much for a nap. There's a note on the bed.

'had to go to the lab. i'll be back at probably lunch time. sorry, it was urgent. see you soon, star' It read. 6 hours, huh? Guess I could sleep some more. I lay back down on the pillow and close my eyes.

Sans' POV

"Come on, Bones! Let's do this!!" She got on the snowboard. "Okay, okay. I'm coming." I get on my snowboard. "You ready?" "You snow it." "Pshh. Snow's not the time for puns, it's the time for Christmaaas!!" She echoed, sliding down the hill on the white snowboard. I followed soon after, catching speed.

I catch up to her, hair flowing in the wind. "Heya Star." "What? How?!" "Gravity." I pass her, Paps and Frisk far down below holding a red string.

I look behind me. She's not there. Was I that fast? I look ahead and she's right in front of me. "What? How?!" She looks back and giggles, holding a piece of monster candy wrapper in the air. Oh, so that's how we're gonna do this? Well two can play at that game.

"If you can cheat, I can too!" I grab the hood of her jacket, pulling her and grabbing her shoulders, getting closer to me and getting her on to my snowboard, "Hey, let go!" I shake my head, smirking. ".. And if I can't win, you're going down with me!" She flips the board, making us tumble down the rest of the giant snow mountain.

I end up on top of her, grabbing her by the shoulders and pinning her to the snowy ground. I laugh along with her, sitting down on the snow beside her. She sits up, dusting off some snow.

We sigh at the same time, I look in her direction.

I smile, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Today was fun." Her eye/color eyes gleam. "Yeah.." I gaze at her lips.

A/n: Damn it, I'm fangirling, gimme a second. Okay, I'm fine now.

"So, what do y—" I pull her into a kiss. My phone rings. I'm not picking it up. The ring gets louder and louder.

I open my eye sockets, jolting up. My phone is ringing.

Wait, that was a dream? Goddamnit.. I frown. Whoever's calling better have the greatest fucking reason to ever interrupt me, otherwise...

It's Alphys.

--

Word count: 1153

Yeah I'm gonna cut it off here, next chapter is gr8