CHAPTER : 15

It was Liza who always woke me up, but today my sleepless eyes stayed awake. Liza was sleeping beside me, cocooned in the covers. Her blond hair slightly falling across her forehead, covering her puffy eyes. I softly skimmed my hand on her head and kissed her on the cheek.

The events which transpired left me exhausted. I was tired but still, I could not close my eyes. It was quite a shock to me when Liza told me about her past. Considering the fact that we never dug deep into each other's past, it was really something.

Liza still does not know about my past, and it would have been cruel of me if I tried to take away her pain by burdening my pain on her. Moreover, I never want her crying for me. I never want anyone to cry for me. A little piece of sympathy can never heal anything.

It's strange how both of our pasts are totally different from each other. It is an exact alternative.

They say negative poles attract each other.

I set down the plate of pancakes with blueberry syrup and went upstairs to wake her up.

"Liza! Wake up! We are fucking late for school! Get your lazy ass up!"

"Five minutes more please!"

"Oh hell no! You get up now Missy!"

With that warning, she was kicked out of her bed by none other than her best friend and her world Rose.

"Come on Rose! It's Tuesday! We can skip school...."

"Oh really? Do you plan on skipping school again? Because I will not let you. So get up, get ready, and let us get going because we are already late."

She smiled at how I impersonated her way of waking me up every morning. There were tears in her eyes, happy tears.

****
Driving our way to school I noticed that there was fresh snow everywhere, and it looked like the storm had done wonders in hiding all the warm green vegetation.

The parking lot was swarmed with kids and a black Mercedes stood out the most. Seems like wherever I go I see a black sleek Mercedes car.

I got out of the car and so did Liza. I was actually quite happy when I saw that Max came over to her and gave her a hug which Liza returned with equal love.

Max nodded his head to me and I waved back at him. I walked away giving them both a little space.

****
The English class was like heaven when our teacher, Mrs. Reeves was absent. Everyone was chatting with their friends and there were these occasional screams of excitement coming from a group of girls.

I was doodling in my diary when the chair beside me made a screeching noise and someone sat on it.

"Isn't it such a bore to sit all alone in the dark corner of the classroom? Hmm, so what is she going to be, a geek or a nerd?"
A rough voice expressed its opinion. As soon as I turned my face I was greeted by none other than our famous jock in the college, Abel.

It was quite a surprise that he was talking to me, a nerd, instead of the group of girls on the other side who were glaring at me.

"Well, I thought that it would never bother you whether I am sitting alone or not, and as far as I remember you never like geeks or nerds considering the fact that your friends are infamous for being bullies." I tried to strike a high voice and an arrogant face, but I'm sure anyone could look through that façade. I just don't want to be the weak, bullied girl if that is what's going to happen.

"Whoa, whoa! Calm down in there! Just because my friends bully others that does not mean that I am like them. I think we can be good friends with Rose Dawson. I just wanted to do charity." He had a smug look on his face while his dark blue eyes stared at me.

"You know what Abel Dagwood? I am not like other girls who are willing to strip down their clothes for a guy like you. So my advice to you is that you should find some other chick to satisfy your horny needs."

With that being said, I gave him a classic smirk and walked out of the class.

****
Most of the day flew away like a wave. I was more than happy when we got free from PE class because the coach was down with a fever. Still, my day was stressful because I was worried about my performance in front of Mr. Dimitri. He said he would judge us on our performance and since I played an original song, I think he might not like my overconfidence.

I found myself standing in front of the music class a little too early. I took a deep breath and opened the door to an empty classroom. The piano sat on the far corner, near the teacher's desk like a mighty knight, shining with valour while all the other instruments were docked at the back of the classroom.

I slowly made my way towards the piano and drifted my fingers on its surface. The smooth shiny surface with its royal black and white keys beckoned me to submit myself in its pure bliss. I was losing myself towards the strong yearning when the door slammed open jerking me awake.

I heard deep and fast breaths being inhaled and exhaled and a certain pricking feeling at the back of my head made me turn around to meet a very dishevelled and sweaty Mr. Dimitri. His dark green orbs were staring at me with some indescribable strong emotions that were confusing me.

His generally set hair was totally messed up as if someone had tugged at them due to frustration while his shirt was untucked with the first few buttons opened up. The sleeves were rolled up in a haphazard way as if it was under time-sensitive urgency. His face, the strong jaw and a stubborn chin with those lips clenched shut, clearly expressed that he was trying to stop himself from doing...something.

He took a step forward but then went two steps back and spoke in his heavy grim voice. "I want you to stay back after the class ends."

And just like that, he left the same way he entered.

My eye suddenly fell on his desk and I saw a music sheet. On top of it was in the Russian language, a writing which I could not understand. After inspecting the music sheet I decided to click some pictures of the sheet to inspect later.

I tucked my raven hair behind my ear and placed the sheet back to where it belonged inconspicuously.