CHAPTER :40

Everything was frozen.

Time, place, and memories. Even I was one of the victims to such a cold and immobile state, but he was not. I never thought that a simple curve of lips could be so mentally lethal and yet as always I was proved wrong. The huge melody of defeat orchestrated in the still air as he kept on looking at me with his eyes, as green as the demon he himself was. He was waiting for me to make some move, to run or scream at him but only one word made its way out of my lips.

"Why?"

He wasn't taken aback by my question, but he wasn't prepared either.

"Why what? Why the world revolves around the sun? Why do we think that there is a heaven or hell waiting for us after our death? Why everything beautiful has to end? Why what... Roza?" His unfaltering steps were prowling towards me. Ready to pounce on the injured prey.

"Stop." I matched his actions and took every step back as he made progress towards me.

"Is this your new thing? Talking in monosyllabic words? Because I know a couple of ways to change that." His dominance was overpowering and his words were dreadful. I blame myself and my naivety that I didn't understand it was him all this time, even after all the things that happened to me.

It's useless and it's wasteful, I knew, yet I tried to make a clumsy attempt at escape. In a matter of seconds, my back was slammed on the unforgiving wall and the groan of teeth clattering pain, resounding from me echoed on the walls. I was trapped in between his arms with the wall behind my back, providing him the perfect ally for resisting my attempts to escape.

"Where is Liza?" I looked up into his eyes and saw him leaning in. Before our lips could sinfully meet, I moved my head sideways and gave him the perfect opportunity to bury his nose in my raven locks.

"Your parents were shitty for most of the part but I have to say that they chose your name right. Rose. Just like the way you smell." The sense of déjà vu hit me hard as I remembered all those times when he toyed with me whenever I was alone and trapped with him. I was fully aware that he was just trying to divert my attention to the other things and I think it worked perfectly well.

"Were?" My voice cracked miserably at his implications. It's true that my parents are not the best ones in the world but the thought of losing your only parents is not something you are ready for. In fact, you never will be. The dam of tears was clogged up in my eyes, and he saw that. He saw the pain clearly, yet he bathed in it with glory.

"Oh Roza, that is a story for some other time. We have more important matters at hand." The sharp tip of his nose teasingly dragged its way from my ear to my nose. Strong and warm gusts of his breath hit my lips and my nostrils in a whirlwind of confusion. The sensations were strange and never felt before. The breathlessness that came next, left my lips gasping for air.

The tender and slow touch of his lips was completely unexpected. I barely felt the subtle movement of those lips as they were placed on mine with a whisper of care. I could feel the warmth in the bare air in between us as his lips made the slightest move of re-adjustment and soon he was kissing me. Paralysed and unable to act, I just stood there as his hands gripped my waist harder, every time he delved into my lips with careful precision. His tongue lapped on my lips now and then, asking for my permission to give him entrance, even though he knew what the answer would be. I always knew that he wasn't the one to give up, and so he proved the same. He gripped my waist tighter this time and slammed me on the wall again.

The entrance I gave him was unintentional and a mistake but I didn't want to face the other consequences of my disobedience. Especially when I am in jail, and he is my jailer. What came next was the perfect opposite of the former experience. The sharp canines of his were tugging at my upper lips now and then while his tongue was completely preoccupied with claiming its territory in my mouth. I tried to shy away from his touch, but he made sure that our bodies were as close as they never were. My chest was completely molded into his hard plate abs and so were our hips. The only thing separating us from each other were our clothes and for once I was thankful for the three-piece suit he was wearing since my sundress was nothing but a thin sheet of cloth.

Maybe it was just a few seconds or maybe a long hour but when he finally left my lips, I felt relieved. I was so breathless that I thought I might have a panic attack. My legs were so weak that I was surely going to fall on the ground but his hand around my waist had a strong grip. My whole body was leaning on him, and he didn't even need to struggle.

"I wish I could freeze the time and live in this moment forever but the temptation to have much more than stolen kisses is irresistible." In the flash of a second, he brought out a handkerchief out of his pocket and placed it on my wheezing nose. His advantage of the situation was my disadvantage as I couldn't hold my breath any longer because I was already out of air.

The first shot of chemically fused air met my nostrils and the strong smell itself was enough to knock me off. I tried to hold on to my consciousness as he kept on drawing unnerving circles at the back of my shoulder but it was impossible to do so.

"I have many dark secrets but you will be my darkest one Roza."

(Recommended to watch the video above.)