CHAPTER : 35

The dark sky gurgled a huge clash of thunder while the angry clouds seethed and drowned the whole world in its rage-fueled stream of downpour. There was no ground, only the muddy substitute which threatened to swallow in anything that steps on it. I wondered how the thorny, leafless trees were holding themselves upright through this damnation. Strong gusts of wind blew all over the surface of the earth and swayed the thorns and spiky bushes as if they were possessed by something evil. 

This was hell incarnate.

Another clash of thunder raged throughout the sky and deafened my ears. The blue sundress I was wearing was torn and tattered with my skin sporting uncountable scars. The wrathful rain blurred my vision to nothingness as I gasped for the very existence of my life. My raven hair was pitch dark with tiny droplets of water falling off from the ends. I stood there, watching those droplets while my mind tried to decode this impossible puzzle.

How did I get here?

I wouldn't have minded much, standings there, in the rain, but something definitely didn't feel right. A sudden soft breeze crashed into me and I heard a very faint whisper of a very familiar voice.

Roza.

My whole being was electrocuted with that single word. A cold bucket of water was splashed onto me as I came into realization. I should run.

My feet started running on their own will, a desperate measure was taken by them so that I could escape. It wasn't a whisper this time but a loud growl of laughter that mocked me and my actions.

You can't escape Rosa.

You can't leave.

You are stuck here Rosa

Forever and ever with me.

My mind was going insane. I felt him digging a hole deep inside my head and settling himself in. No matter where I went, I could hear his voice in my head, feel his breath on my neck and see nothing.

My knees clamped down on the mud with small thorns digging onto my skin. The strangled cries that escaped my lips broke my heart into infinite pieces. I closed my eyes and gave up while he laughed at his victory.

I submitted.

*******

It was one of those mornings I guess, where nothing feels right. The moment you open your eyes, you feel like doing nothing, absolutely nothing. My case was exactly the same but the difference was that nothing actually was right and even if I wanted to, I couldn't do anything. With my hands tied down at the back of the chair, there was nothing I could do and with my brother staring right at me like a hawk, it made me realize that everything happening with me isn't right.

"I thought you'll never wake up but it was indeed a pleasure to look at you, being chased by nightmares in your dreams. I missed your screams so much, little sister. How could you leave me?" His fake attempt at looking hurt made it all the more ridiculous to me. I wanted to slap him but I decided to give him the sweet taste of ignorance.

"I always thought that you had a little spark of a fighter in you but you always gave up at the end. You made the game so much more interesting for me. Hmhmm. I would love to see you writhing in pain and bleed again but I can't. I am caught in shackles." He laughed like a maniac as if he has cracked the best joke ever. I don't understand though, why would he kidnap me if he doesn't have a use for me?

"You see little sister after you left many things happened and for once in my life, I felt lucky to have a sister. At least you came to some use to your family you selfish bitch." He spat at me and strode over to raise his hand to slap me but after some thought, he decided against it.

He was indeed shackled.

The door burst open and I mentally thanked whoever it was. After the person came into my sight, my thankfulness turned into pure and raw hatred. The smirk on his face and the evil look in his eyes clearly stated that he was up to something.

"Sir, they need you in the office. Someone on the phone is asking for you." Jason's eyes clearly showed fear when he heard those words and without hesitation he left the room at once, leaving me with this traitor.

He stared at me with his dark green eyes and I wondered, how big of a liar he was. I shouldn't have trusted him and I shouldn't have let him inside.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Look where you brought yourself. Silly, silly little Rosie. I feel pity for you." He lazily strolled his way towards me with a smirk adorned on his face.

"What do you want?" As soon as those angry, jaw clenched words escaped my lips, a dark shadow rose on his face which made me realize that those four words might get me killed.

Within a blink of an eye, he tore off the ropes on my hands and slammed me to the nearest wall. The spotlight aimed at the chair swung due to the swift movement and caused wild shadows all over the darkroom.

"Your brother told me not to touch you because of some mysterious reason I am not authorized to know but who will tell him that you belong to me?" His ice-cold thumb traced my lips which erupted a shudder out of me.

"I don't belong to you" As soon as I said those words, the most unimaginable thing happened.

"Tell me you are mine" the cold, sharp, merciless blade tried to force me into submission. Into HIS submission. I am not a property that anyone can own.

"I-I am yours". Green is supposed to be my favourite colour but as I look into his green merciless eyes I feel nothing but fear.

"Good girl. Now, we don't want your dear ones hurt do we?"

I shouldn't have trusted him, I shouldn't have let him inside my house, I shouldn't have trusted Ivan and his fake lavender eyes.

I guess, what they say is true.

Be aware of strangers.