EPILOGUE

Do you know how it feels to be scared every second of time? Too scared to even breathe; afraid that the very breath might cause something unpleasant. Something you don't want to find out.

From going outside of the house to living in. It's hard to find a way to lead the life you have had for so long. Even the slightest heave of your chest is protested by the body. So much that you have to stop breathing for a second and those seconds turn into minutes after which the fear really cripples you and strips you bare out in the cold.

It's unstoppable and trying is inane.

I wasn't tied up or handcuff like all those cliché kidnapping stories. Instead, I had all the freedom that I could exercise in that shotgun seat. I believe that if I tried to escape then I could simply unlock the door and run anywhere away from him but the fact that he would let me go, didn't sit well with me. Nothing actually happens as expected when you are faced with critical situations such as this one.

He was sitting there beside me, with the most stoic body language painted all over him. Like he didn't even care about anything in this world any more, except for one thing.

My submission.

I turned my head towards the window and saw the reflection of a broken drop of tear, crawling its way down my cheek. A flashing sign diverted my eye towards the scenery outside the window but it was too late for me to read the address as he was driving faster than a madman. At the speed we were going, I was sure that the cops might stop us but the flashing red and blue lights were not seen anywhere.

It's crazy. The way I simply agreed to sit in the car, without any protest, is crazy. I should have fought, I should have done something but I didn't. He actually waited for me to gain my consciousness after which he leads me towards the car. He didn't even have to use any force.

I am not giving up this way. I just feel like I have nowhere else to go. At least there is no place safe enough to stay or hide. Mine and Lizzie's home is the first place on the unsafe list. There is no other place that I have, except for that little house in Forks. As much as I hated the cold, I loved the place because Liza was always there with me.

Where is Liza? Is she safe?

Maybe that is the main reason why I agreed to come with him and wherever he pleases. He has Liza and if I go with him then I hope I'll find Liza too but the only thing that keeps on poking me is the fact that I might be too late.

The scenery outside my window turned from houses to barren unpopulated land to the thick covers of the forest. He was taking me away from civilization and into the oblivion world. Some place where the human doesn't trespass into his territory.

My body revolted and truly despised my silence of action. I wanted to scream, to shout, to yell, to throw things and see them crash to pieces, just like my life. It took every inch of my body to sit still and stare at the psychotic devil beside me.

The headlights of the car shined brightly in the dark night and created a light shade of halo on his face, in the absolute dullness in the car. His eyes were like emerald gems with edges so sharp that fear itself is redefined whenever I stared at them. With his jaw as strong as his stubborn self, he looked like a true demon. One of his hands was gripped onto the steering wheel with such pressure that his knuckles were white. He was struggling too but I don't know why.

Suddenly he turned his head towards me and looked at me straight in the eye. His green eyes swirled with heated emotions that I haven't seen or heard of before. I jerked forward with a huge slam as he swivelled the car with a sharp turn to park it on the side of the road, without diverting his eyes away from me for even a second. I placed both of my hands on the dashboard and winced as my head hurt. I looked sideways and saw him still staring at me with his eerie gaze. Slowly he leaned towards me, closer and closer until he was just a breath away. The heat of his exhale brushed my lips and I shivered with fear.

I was completely sure that he was going to inflict his lust on me until I heard a certain click behind me. I had no idea when I closed my eyes but when I opened them, I saw him still staring at me but this time his hand was rested on the door beside me and thus he opened it for me.

I was confused. Why would he let me escape but all the doubt cleared out of my mind when he opened the door on his side and got out of the car and went to the back to open the trunk. I followed suit and got out of the car. It was very cold at this time of the night and my torn and tattered sundress did little to provide me any comfort.

A loud slam made me swivel my head towards him and I saw a container in his hand with some kind of liquid in it, and he started walking towards me. For a second I was scared out of my mind because I thought he was going to pour whatever stinking liquid there was in that container, on me but instead he placed the container on the floor and opened up his suit and draped it over me. I was shocked that he cared that much but when he started pouring that liquid all over the car, I realized that it was petrol, and he gave me the coat to gain more flexibility in his actions.

A scratch of flame and the car was already burning into high flames just like the fire in his eyes.

He started walking away from the road and into the forest through a narrow dirt road while he had my hand in his vice grip, not trusting me any more. Maybe there was something out there which might make me run away, maybe it was his demons, his skeletons which are out in the open there. Maybe it is a trap like it always has been. Maybe Liza is not even there and he fooled me. Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

My hand tried to tug itself out of his grip, but he didn't let me loose. Instead, he turned around, looked at me, and picked me up to throw me over his shoulder.

"Leave me! You psycho! Leave me alone!" He didn't reply to my angry shouts instead he spanked my back with such force that the pain expressed itself through my tears.

I had to find a way to escape and the only thing that I could do was scream and shout but before I could do that he stopped abruptly and let me back on my feet. Before I could run away he gripped my arm and swivelled me around to face a two-story Victorian house I have never seen before yet it was familiar to me in an unknown way.

"Familiar, isn't it? It's a pity that you can't remember when you saw it. It is understandable. It took me a long time to restore it back to its former beauty but it is worth the blood and time that was spent." He lifted up his head towards the sky and closed his eyes while smirking happily at his achievements and the ruins that he has caused. "Do you smell that? It's like the smell of a new book, a new chapter, Roza." He turned towards me and looked me in the eye.

"A new game."