Track 16: The Date Saga (Part II)

Misery Loves Company

By: theinkslingerr

Track 16: The Date Saga (Part II)

Dominic looked uninterested. "What game?"

"Truth or dare," I replied, sliding my plate out of the way.

"First Pokemon, now this? Are you sure you're a junior?"

He was gonna pay for that.

I scanned the upscale restaurant and found the subject of my dare in seconds. "I dare you to go eat the chicken off that girl's plate."

Dom and both cameras followed my line of sight to a petite brunette dining with the biggest man I'd ever seen in my life. Even sitting, he was huge! His massive frame took up one side of the table, and the grim reaper tattoo beautifying his left arm was downright frightening.

I glanced back at Dom. There was no fear in his eyes. In fact, it looked like he was actually considering it. "Nah," he said after a long pause.

I took a deep breath, picturing myself at home with Netflix and a bag of Kit Kat minis. The sooner this date ended, the better. I arranged my next few words carefully. "OK. I mean, I can understand if you're scared. That dude's pretty big."

Dom chuckled darkly, eyeing me sideways. Sometimes there was nothing more predictable than a guy's ego.

"It's 2017." I continued to fan the flames. "You won't get your man-card revoked for admitting you're scared."

He slapped both hands on the table and stood up, causing the silverware to rattle around. "You sure you wanna play this game, Misery?"

I swallowed, nodding slowly, hoping  we wouldn't revisit the hotel idea.

"Then watch closely," Dom instructed, stepping away from the table. "And get ready for your turn."

He ambled over to the couple's table, ignoring the stares and whispers coming from the other patrons. When you arrived at a restaurant with a camera crew in tow, people tended to look twice. Now all eyes were on Dom as he got closer and closer to the Hulk and his girlfriend. I was already starting to have second thoughts. The guy's biceps were enormous! If he beat Dom up, Blue Vendetta fans would have my head.

Dom was practically in front of their table before they noticed him.

"Oh my God!" The girl shrieked. "You're-"

"Correct," Dom said, then leaned over and picked up a piece of her chicken. He started devouring it slowly, savoring it, making noises of appreciation.

"What the-!" The Hulk growled loudly. "You lookin' to get hurt, bro?"

"Shut up, Ashleigh!" His girlfriend hissed, completely memorized by Dom. "I was pretty sure it was you, but like, I didn't wanna come over there and interrupt! You're filming for Misery Loves Company, aren't you?"

"Who's this, babe?" Ashleigh demanded.

Dom tossed the shredded chicken bone on his plate. "I'm Dom. Blue Vendetta's drummer."

"I don't care who you are, man. What you're not about to do is come over here and disrespect me in front of my girlfriend." Ashleigh's pale skin was turning red and he looked like he was seconds away from bursting out of his clothes. I could almost hear him saying the Hulk's iconic line: "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Dom grinned- he actually grinned. "Ease up, Ash. Be grateful this beautiful woman even wants to be seen with you."

Ashleigh flew out of his chair despite his girlfriend's protests and made a grab for Dom, who dodged it and swiped a glass of water off the table. He threw it in Ashleigh's face amidst gasps and shouts from the surrounding diners.