Track 29: Through the Looking Glass

You didn't think I'd leave you guys hanging forever, right? XD

I'm not that heartless!

In addition to finally updating, I gave the cast page a huge makeover, and put it before the first chapter, so it didn't interrupt the flow of the story.

Everyone still looks the same with the exception of...Eli! I decided to use a modern actor instead of one from the late 90s/00s. They look similar, it's just waaay easier to find pics and gifs now.

Say hello to new Eli!

Aww, so cute! *pinches cheeks* And check out the new cast list page! I'm happy with the aesthetic

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Aww, so cute! *pinches cheeks* And check out the new cast list page! I'm happy with the aesthetic.

Without further ado, here's the aftermath of what happened in the last chapter!

Misery Loves Company

By: theinkslingerr

Track 29: Through the Looking Glass

After my mom had demanded to know why there were paparazzi on the lawn, Rocco and I took one look at each other before racing over to the window. We inched the curtains aside to see a small group of people with cameras, coffees, and mics loitering not too far from the bushes. What I assumed to be their vehicles lined the sidewalk, and the entire scene garnered curious looks from nosy neighbors.

My stomach sank, and Rocco cursed behind me.

"I'd also like to know who you are, and what you're doing here at six in the morning?" My mom added, forcing Rocco to turn around. He slapped on a charming grin; the same one that had Paula giggling like a schoolgirl when they first met.

"I'm Rocco Alden. I'm on Misery Loves Company with your daughter."

My mom didn't giggle like a schoolgirl. Instead, she looked confused, and I could tell it wasn't because she'd just gotten off the night shift. She'd forgotten. "It's Enid's web show, remember?" I prompted. This was so typical of her.

"I came over to help Miz with some questions she had about the contract," Rocco continued smoothly.

She looked past us at the sheaf of papers on the coffee table, and lifted an arched brow. "Did you now? Were you hoping to find the answers under my daughter's clothing?"

"Mom!" I screamed as Rocco blushed furiously. "We weren't- our clothes are obviously still on! He was just helping me. It's not like you bothered reading the contract."

Her tired face hardened. "That's because Paula was letting Enid do it, so I figured-"

"You could phone it in with me?"

Misery Loves Companyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें