Track 28: Pretty in Purple

I'm excited about this chapter guys! It was so fun to write. Wish I could've gotten it out to you sooner, but I've been crazy busy. Anyway, hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it. :)

Misery's life is about to take another crazy turn!

Misery Loves Company

By: theinkslingerr

Track 28: Pretty in Purple

Back at my house, I spilled my guts while Rocco sat there watching.

At first, I wondered if it'd be polite to offer him a mop and a bucket, but the more I talked the better I felt. Enid had been my only confidant, so throughout this whole Misery Loves Company business and subsequent kiss, I'd had no one to talk to.

Rocco perched on the edge of my couch, listening carefully as I rambled on.

I told him about Dom and Enid, and how they'd been in constant communication since the start of the show. He didn't look too surprised until I got to the part where Enid accused me of wanting Dom for myself. Rocco's thick eyebrows shot up, and he frowned when I explained that she'd flipped out on me over the picture. I glossed over the rest of our argument, because I was too embarrassed to tell him my own best friend thought I was pathetic.

Then I summarized my date with Dom: the awkward beginning, the game of truth or dare, and finally the infamous kiss.

I also explained that Dom had slept with the fan who'd taken the picture, and she'd most likely posted it because she hadn't been invited to the pop-up after their "magical" night.

Usually, in a situation like this people interrupted with questions of their own, expressions of disbelief, or plain old outrage, but Rocco didn't say a word. He was eerily quiet.

When I was done, he only wanted to know one thing. "All he did was kiss you?"

"Um...yeah."

"Because he wouldn't-" Rocco looked conflicted. "He wouldn't try anything else."

"I never said he did..."

"Good." And with that, he jumped up and snatched his keys off the coffee table. I sat up straighter, alarmed by the boiling anger I felt radiating from him. It reminded me of the time I'd fallen asleep at the beach without any sunscreen or an umbrella. The whole time I'd slept, the sun was baking one giant Misery cookie, and I hadn't realized it until I woke up five shades darker, hurting all over. Rocco's anger felt a bit like that. It was there, and you sensed it, but you didn't realize how dangerous it was until you were already burned.

"W-where are you going?" I asked. I didn't want him to do anything stupid.

"To pay Dom a visit."

That would definitely be stupid.

I stood up and followed him to the door. "Why do I feel like visit really means punch in the face?" I laughed nervously.

He didn't.

And yeah, I wasn't funny, but that was a bad sign. "I'll text you later."