~Chapter Five~

Layton had been gone for a whole day now... He was coming back tommorrow morning and he'd been messaging her as much as he could.

Her phone pinged again. She was sitting downstairs with her family, Olivia sitting on her lap.

"Will you shut that bloody phone up? Its not like he cares anyway." Her father told her. He had already had a few beers.

She switched it onto silent.

"I've got news." She braved up.

She had told her mum and sisters... But she just had to tell Edward and her father that they were moving.

"What? Pregnant already? Wouldn't fucking surprise me..." Her father scoffed.

"You know I'm moving with Layton, but mum and the girls are moving to WinterMoor with me." She said confidently.

"What do you mean? They're not moving..." He turned his head quickly.

"Edward needs your help, mum needs my help. I need to be with Layton and mum and the girls can't stay here anymore." She told him. He sat up, looking annoyed.

"YOU. You've been planning this the whole time haven't you? You little bitch." He stood up.

"Come on girls. Upstairs." She picked up Olivia and ushered Hannah to the stairs. "Lexi." She warned.

"We can't stay here anymore. You know that, you treat us all like shit." She told him, "You can't deny that. Edward needs you, and I need Mum."

"Go upstairs. Don't you dare talk to me. They're not leaving, and neither are you." His father told her, getting face to face and storming past her out of the front door.

"Lexi. Maybe we should just stay?" Her mum asked.

She turned round in disbelief. "Are you serious? Mum! Don't do this. You've lived with his shit for nearly 30 fucking years. You have an opportunity to leave, mum... Why aren't you going for this?" She asked, getting upset. Her mum turned away from her and walked up the stairs.

Alexa turned to Edward who was looking down.

"Do you even care?" She asked him.

He didn't reply.

She turned, following her mother's path up the stairs and layed down in her room, looking up at the ceiling.

Her phone screen lit up. She peered over and wiped her cheeks.

Layton was ringing her. She picked up and there was a moment of silence.

"Hi, lexi" He said casually, her name rolling off of his tongue. "Are you okay?"

She didn't say anything, she sniffled.

"I can feel that you're upset. Do you wanna talk?" He asked.

"How do you know that?" She asked, pouting.

"I can feel it... I know our bond isn't that strong yet, but its there and I can feel that something's up... Plus you're sniffling.. you've been crying, I can hear it in your voice."

He paused..

"What's up?" He asked.

"I told him." She replied. She was proud of herself.

"And?"

"He flipped a little.."

"He didn't hurt you?" Layton asked quickly.

"No... Not yet.. He was pretty angry, I don't know.. he just stormed out and..." She trailed off.

"Do you need me to come?"