~ Chapter Fourteen~

*1 week later*

"Lexi. Your mum called again." Layton said, passing her her phone and walking into the kitchen.

She stayed silent, looking at the screen.

"You'll have to go and see her, beautiful. She misses you." He said from the kitchen, making dinner.

"I know." She sighed. "I just..." 

He put down the knife he was using to cut vegetables, walking over to behind the sofa and hugging her softly. "She loves you, Lexi."

"I know."

"What's stopping you from going to see her?" He asked.

"I wouldn't know what to say. She's not the kind of person that copes with change well, she didn't want to go." She explained.

"We'll go and have dinner with them. Okay? I'll be with you. She just wants to have her baby back. And I seem to have stolen her." He told her.

She nodded lightly, looking up at his face from where she was sitting on the sofa.

"Do you want me to plan it?" Lexi asked.

"No. I'll sort it." He kissed her cheek and rested his cheek against the side of her face, closing his eyes and breathing in slowly.

"Have I done anything?" She asked him.

He frowned and shook his head.

"I just feel like the last few days we've been more distant." She told him.

"We've just been busy. The pack meetings take up lots of time." He told her. "We haven't cuddled in days."

"We haven't kissed in days." Lexi pointed out.

"I don't want to rush you, Lexi. But the pack are getting impatient.. they want you to be their Luna properly." He told her, he moved his head and hovered his lips over her neck. "I want you to be mine."

"I am yours." She told him.

"Not properly.. You have no idea how little self control I have with you now, Lexi. Alexos wants you. I want you."

"When's the next full moon?" She asked.

"Friday." He kissed her neck, trying to persuade her.

"That's tommorrow, Layton."

"Hmm.." He moved up her neck a little and kissed her again.

"What about the next one?"

"Sunday." He told her, "but it's going to rain Sunday."

"I don't know. We have to mate on the night of the ceremony and we haven't exactly done much yet." She said quietly and he chuckled, kissing her jaw.

"That can be arranged." He told her. "What about Wednesday? That gives us enough time right?"

"Can we do it tomorrow?" She asked.

He grinned widely. "Yes."

"Is that okay with you?" He checked, excitedly.

"Yeah. I guess. It's going to happen at some point." She said dully.

"I'm not going to plan it unless you sound happy about it, Lexi. This is your ceremony, you choose when." He said firmly.

"Sunday." She told him, more confidentely. "Sundays good."

He nodded.

"I'm hungry." She told him.

"Right." He adjusted his crotch and stood up, walking into the kitchen.

She turned round and watched him, he started to chop the vegetables again but was clearly in discomfort.

"Do you want me to help you?" She asked, getting up from the sofa.

"I know how to chop vegetables, Lexi. No I'm fine." He told her, carrying on.

"I didn't mean with that." She told him. She walked up behind him and placed her hand onto his obvious arousal.

His eyes closed a little and his mouth dropped, he placed the knife down carefully and turned around, retrieving her hand and holding it.

"I'm trying to cook so you don't starve, I'll just take a shower." He reassured her.

"Layton, if you have to take two or three showers a day, just to keep yourself together at least let me help you out..." She said and he laughed.

"No, Lexi." He said chuckling. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" She asked, hugging him, she loosened her grip a little so she wasn't getting prodded.

"Yes. I'm sure. You don't have to do that. I've got hands, beautiful." He told her and she just smiled.

He finished cooking them dinner and the boys magically turned up to eat the rest of the food.

"Corey. Did you interview those rogues?" Lexi asked.

Layton and corey both nodded. "It didn't tell us much, they didn't have anything to say." Layton told her, taking a bite of food.

"Isn't that a bit suspicious?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" Corey asked.

"Well, I know it's really bad that they got in but surely that tells you that something's going on? Do you not think... It was 3 hours, and 14 rogues got in. That's a lot." She explained.

"She has a point." Taylor said, "We never get that many rogue encounters in a week, let alone three hours."

"While they were in the cells we knocked them unconcious and put a tracker into their shoulders, they can't feel them because we numbed them and everything. So we can track where they are." Corey explained.

"Isn't that illegal? Lexi asked, frowning.

"Probably." Layton told her. "We'll see if anything else happens, if it does, we'll look into it."

"What happened to the guys who were meant to be guarding and that?" She asked.

"I had a go at them, we extended their training by 3 months. A few have quit." Layton told her.

"I wish you would tell me these things." Lexi said.

"If you ask I will, it was old news. I wasn't trying to hide anything from you I just didn't want to worry you about it."

They cleared up their plates and put on shoes, going out into the forest for a walk. The sun was setting but it was still light.

"Are you sure about Sunday? I don't want to plan it until you're ready. Wednesday would be fine too."

"Yes. And you'll plan dinner with my mum for me?" She checked. "I'll help you, it's not just up to you, Layton."

"I know, beautiful." He smiled as they carried on walking.

They walked in silence and stopped at a small lake, sitting on a rock together and looking up at the sky.

"Do you miss home?" He asked. "Do you miss your dad? Edward?"

"No." She shook her head. "This is my home now."