15.5: Anna

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Dead in the water by Ellie Goulding ♫

Chapter 15.5: Anna

Dear Diary,

It wasn’t just Dominic who visited me today.

Scott Orson stood right in front of me as clear as a reflection on a mirror. I found him a few minutes after Dominic had left.

“Are you lost?” I asked him. “If my memory stands correct, this isn’t Dominic’s house neither is yours.”

He smirked at me. Scott Orson. Always dire and cocky. He placed his hands in his pockets as he watched me closely.

I sighed as I closed my notebook. “Let me guess; are you here to check if my memory’s still in place?”

His smirk deepened and the light in his eyes danced with amusement.

“Sorry to disappoint you; it still is.” I knocked on my head like it’s a door. “Or maybe, just maybe, you’re here to tell me,” I cleared my throat and I tried to mimic the Scott Orson. “Stay away from Dominic. You’re not good for his celibacy.”

That earned me a cackle out of him.

“You’re a terrible actress.” he said, still laughing at me.

“It’s because I’m a girl and I don’t do cross-dressing.” I retorted.

He stopped laughing and his eyes bored in the soles of my pupils.

“If you’re here to tell me to stay away from Dominic, we both know it won’t work. You know how hard his head is.” I said.

“I already know that… but I was supposed to say that.” He shrugged. “But I don’t know. It seemed that the winds have changed.”

“Like it became solid change?” I asked. “Because if it did then it’ll be so sad.”

He laughed. “No.”

“Then what are you doing here?”

He took a deep breath. He looked at me as if I’m the legendary Swan Lake musical piece.

“It’s your eyes.” he said. “They’re the saddest rainbow I’ve ever seen.”

Music Majors. Trained poets of the millennium.

I tried not to laugh but then the sound that came out of my mouth came wrong. “I believe it doesn’t match any rainbow. Maybe the icicles that falls from the sky. You call them snowflakes.”

“Yes, they are.” He looks insane to me and his stares make me feel very uncomfortable. “They’re beautiful.”

I raised my eyebrows at him. “You speak with ulterior motive. Classic Scott Orson. What really made you come here?”

“I already told you.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“You can check the size of my nose if it satisfies your conscience.”

“Liars go to hell.”

He wrinkled his nose. “Huh? Why do I feel heaven by your side?”

I grimaced at him and he rolled his eyes skyward.

“Would you care if I ask you for a cup of coffee?”

I didn’t see that one coming.

“I don’t drink coffee.” I said to turn him down.

“Why are you rejecting me?” he gawked at me. “It’s a once in a life time offer.”