3. Wendy

Brooke's POV:
Weeks went by since the first day of school and classes were getting harder and harder. My final class ended pretty late in the evening, I didn't leave the building until around eight because I wanted to start my homework.

I packed up my things and headed out, excited to see James. I knew I only just met him, and he was a total jerk to me beforehand, but he had changed suddenly.

Maybe it was only because we had made out, but I really thought I liked him, which is not good. If we dated and things didn't work out then I had the chance of being stuck living with him all year, and that sounds like hell.

I unlocked the door and tried to push it open, but it wouldn't budge.

"James? Are you in there?" I called out. I heard a thump and his bed springs when he walked towards the door.

"Uhm, I'm a bit busy right now, Brooke, but my friend Logan said you can hang out with him for a while!" He called back.

"James! This is my dorm too, let me in!" I yelled. By now a crowd of a couple guys had formed to listen to the fight.

"Brooke, I told you, I'm busy," James yelled back angrily.

"I don't give a shit! What the hell are you doing in there?" I was screaming through the door at this point.

"More like who's in there," one of the guys standing around muttered. That's when it hit me. He has a girl in there.

"Do you have a girl in there?" I said, quieter. I bit my lip and picked up my backpack, waiting for an answer.

"Brooke, can you just go somewhere else?" He asked while clicking the door locked.

I held back tears in my eyes and stormed out of the dorms to the campus. I kept walking off campus and didn't stop. I just walked around the small college town.

I didn't know why I was walking. My mind was blank and I just needed to cool off.

I shouldn't have been so upset. James was just a stupid guy I've known for like a week. And all we did was make out, that doesn't mean we were going anywhere. That just means James was a horny fuckboy and only wanted me because I have a nice ass. And at this point I was so over men treating me like that.

Back in high school I would never have recognized my current self. Now I wear jeans and a nice top usually, but back then I would wear mini skirts, crop tops, boots... I was a basic slut at my school. Once rumors got around that a guy and I hooked up when I barely knew the guy, I changed my whole wardrobe. People thought I had become Amish or something solely because I finally covered my whole midriff.

Anyway, now that that had been all in my past I was excited to start dating a nice guy and I thought maybe James was the one.

Oh god was I wrong.

***

James's POV:
"What the hell was that?" Wendy asked me.

"My roommate, she must have had a bad day," I answered, feeling a little more than a bit guilty.

"Well do you want to go get her?" Wendy asked.

"Let's see, I could either bone the hottest girl in school or listen to some chick rant about how awful her day was, what sounds like the better offer?" I asked with a sly smirk. Wendy didn't say anything else before pouncing back on top of me. I ran my hands down her thighs and in between her legs. She let out a gasp as I reached the band of her underwear.

She kissed me all down my chest.

"Oh James," she moaned. I slowed down and sat back up. "What's wrong?"

I looked over at Brooke's empty bed and wondered where she was.

Wendy noticed I was staring.

"She's going to be fine, now hurry because I'm meeting my boyfriend in twenty and I have to get ready," Wendy laughed as she laid back down. I rested my body back on top of her's and went to work.

***

After Wendy left I picked up my phone and texted Brooke.

Me:
Brooke, are you with Logan?

Brooke:
No. I'm not with Logan. I don't even know who Logan is.

Me:
Brooke, I'm so sorry. Please come home and let me explain.

Brooke:
You don't need to explain. You kicked me out of my room to sleep with some chick. That's great.

Me:
No, Brooke it's not like that.

Brooke:
I don't care what it's like or not like, James. Just leave me alone. I'll be home later tonight.

Me:
Brooke don't walk the streets alone please. Please come home.

Brooke:
Why do you care?

I hesitated before answering.

Me:
Because you're my friend.

Brooke:
Right.

Brooke stopped answering for the rest of the night so I rolled over and tried to sleep.

I couldn't sleep until I knew she was home and safe. I don't trust anything at nighttime.

She came home that night around one in the morning. I pretended to be asleep but my eyes were half open. She walked into the room and wiped her eyes with a sniffle. She slipped off her shoes and walked into the bathroom to change into pajamas and do other things she needed to do. She came out wearing sweats and a tank top with her hair up in a messy bun.

Brooke sat on the small couch we had in the corner and put her glasses on. She turned on a book light and began reading her novel.

I watched her fall asleep and knew she wouldn't he comfortable there. I picked her up off the couch and placed her in her bed then tucked her into her covers. I gave her a small peck on the forehead, hoping she wouldn't wake up.