5. The Fight

Brooke's POV:
I got back home later in the afternoon and was horrified when I saw the mess in the dorm. All of my stuff was broken, my bed was stripped, and my clothes were everywhere. James sat peacefully on his clean and freshly made bed.

"How was your date?" He asked me with a smug look on his face.

"What the hell did you do?" I screamed. I slammed the door and examined my side of the dorm. "Everything is broken! Why did you do this James, why?"

"I don't know, Brooke, why don't you tell me?" He yelled back.

"What the hell?! I'm the one who should destroy all of your stuff," I yelled as I threw one of his pictures on the ground and watched it shatter. "You're the one who keeps playing me, who lets your friends talk shit about me, who leads me on! You make out with me then bring a different girl home every week!" I pulled his drawer out of the dresser and threw it at the floor.

"You said we were just roommates, no strings attached! Remember?" He hollered, pulling my posters off the wall.

"I only said because that's what you wanted and I didn't want things to be weird between us!" I cried out.

"How are you so sure that's what I wanted?" James stormed off into the bathroom and chucked my make up bag across the room. "Maybe you should just fucking try to be honest," James cursed. I screamed as the make up shattered on the ground. I picked up his backpack and threw it at the door.

"Maybe you should take your own advice!" I screamed back.

"Why are you so mad at me for hooking up with girls if you're the one who went on a goddamned date today?" James yelled.

"I just said that out of anger!" I cried out, pulling all the blankets off his bed.

"You can't keep lying to me, Brooke! You act like I'm some awful fuckboy who keeps toying with your emotions but, newsflash princess, I'm not the only player in this room!"

"How dare you," I sneered. "I keep lying to please you and I am so disappointed in myself for craving your attention and just you in general."

"Really? Prove it!" James called. I stormed over to my nightstand and picked it back up. I opened the drawer and pulled out my diary.

"Read it." I demanded as I pushed it onto his chest. James sat down and began reading all the entries I wrote about my feelings for him.

I paced around the room and eyed my suitcase. As he read, I began packing my clothes and sheets up.

"Brooke," he sighed as he closed the diary.

I zipped my suitcase and refused to make eye contact with him.

"I had no idea you felt this way."

"Yeah well..." I paused. I didn't know what to say.

A tear fell down my cheek and I turned to face him.

"I'm, I'm so sorry," James almost whispered. More tears fell as I put my head in my hands.

James wrapped me up in a big hug and held me on the floor for a long time. I cried into his shoulder even harder when I felt his tears touch my neck.

A key turned and the door blew open as a security guard saw the mess in our room.

"What the hell happened in here?" He asked. I looked up at James and my heart felt heavy when I saw his face. His eyes were red and cheeks were tear stained.

"We got in a fight," James answered, wiping his eyes.

"A bad one," I added on. We both stood up and walked towards the guard.

"Seems like it. We got four noise complaints just now, someone thought one of you was getting murdered," he said. We apologized and told him we'd clean the mess.

Shortly after the guard left, I picked up my suitcase and rolled it towards the door. James looked back from making his bed.

"What- what are you doing?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm gonna ask the Dean if there's any available rooms anywhere else. I shouldn't stay here," I said sadly. James rushed towards me and took my suitcase out of my hands.

"No! You have to stay here, with me!" he fought back. I pulled my suitcase back.

"We'll see. I'm gonna stay in a hotel this weekend anyway. I need some alone time."

"Oh. I understand," James responded.

I turned the door open to reveal a small crowd of guys.

"Everything alright in there?" Logan asked me. I nodded sadly.

"It's fine, thanks," I responded.

Logan walked back into the room and looked at James slumped on the couch. I paused and looked back at them.

"So I guess it's a no to bowling tonight?" Logan asked. James nodded and told him to leave him alone. Logan left the room and I headed for the hotel.