6. Chris

James's POV:
It had been a couple days since the big fight and winter break was slowly approaching.

"So, do you have any plans for break?" I awkwardly asked. Things between Brooke and I were still very tense, we hadn't been talking much at all, though she did come back from the weekend at the hotel.

"Yeah, I'm going to go home for a while. Christmas and stuff is a big deal at my place," she replied. The room was filled with an awkward silence so I decided I should go for a while.

"Uhm, I'm gonna go to the gym, want me to pick up dinner on my way home?" I asked.

"It's fine, I have stuff here that I can eat, thanks though," Brooke answered. I left Brooke alone in the room and headed to work out.

When I got to the gym, all the sorority girls from Kappa Phi Sigma were there. I rolled my eyes and met up with Darren in the back. We began lifting when we were approached by Wendy and Sophia.

"Hello, boys," Wendy said with a rude tone.

"Can we help you?" I responded.

"Darren, can you come help me with my squats?" Sophia asked, grabbing Darren's arm and leading him to a secluded area in the gym.

"What do you want, Wendy?" I asked.

"You haven't had me over in a while," she straddled the bench and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "I miss your body."

I slid myself back and off the bench.

"Why don't you just call your boyfriend instead?" I suggested.

"Because, he's not as good as you are," she winked.

"Then why are you with him?" I asked again.

"Why are you acting like this? Let's go have sex! Now!" She said between her teeth. I stood up and walked towards the mats.

"No thanks, Wendy. My roommate's home," I began to do some push ups and she squatted down next to me.

"So? Tell her to leave!" Wendy demanded.

"Wendy, have some self respect," I requested.

"Oh shut up, you and I both know you don't want relationships. You're always going to be the guy that every girl goes to when she wants to cheat on her boyfriend or have a fling with."

I stopped doing push ups and sat on the floor facing Wendy.

"You don't want a real relationship either, you're always going to be the girl that cheats on her boyfriend and only comes to guys when she wants a fling," I retaliated. She looked confused and surprised that I had just said what I did.

"Excuse me?" She sneered.

"You're excused. I, personally, don't find it very attractive when a taken young woman begs for sex," and with that she walked back to her sorority girls with a dramatic "humph."

***

••• TRIGGER WARNING •••

Brooke's POV:
I made a small salad and set myself up in front of the TV to do homework and eat dinner. I started studying for midterms and writing my essay.

To my surprise, there were three small knocks at the door. I paused my show and got up to answer it.

"Oh, hey Chris," I smiled.

"Hey, Brooke, can I come in?" he asked.

"Uh, sure, but James isn't home, he's at the gym," I laughed. I opened the door to let Chris in and followed him to the center of the room.