10. What are We?

Brooke's POV:
James held me tight and promised he wasn't going to let me go this time.

"We need to keep each other. I'm not going to let you go this time, I'm not going to screw around. Being without was the worst punishment I could ever have," he told me.

I pulled back and sat down on the couch.

"James," I began.

"Wait! Look what I did for you," James said excitedly as he lead me to the bedroom area.

My half of the room was decorated beautifully. A grey comforter lay over my bed with pink and white throw pillows placed nicely on top. He had replaced the posters that once hung on my walls and put a picture of us in a frame on the nightstand.

"James, that's so sweet, but," I was interrupted again.

"Don't thank me! It's, it's your Christmas gift! Gosh, Brooke, I'm so happy you're back you don't even know! Now this time, I'm not going to let you go so easily, I'm gonna keep you with me forever." He smiled a beaming smile before leaning in to kiss me again. I pressed my finger to his lips and took a step back.

"James, can you come sit with me for a moment please," I began, tugging at the gloves on my hand. We walked over and sat together on his bed.

"Be my girlfriend, for real this time," James pleaded. I took off my jacket and lifted my shirt off as well.

"Well that's a way to say yes," James laughed. I rolled my eyes and rolled the top of my pants down.

"See this scar?" I asked pointing to a scar on my midriff that was almost shaped as a heart.

"Yeah," James said as he traced it with his finger.

"I got it the night of our huge fight. When I shattered that picture of us off your nightstand one of the pieces of glass hit me in the hip. Now it's always going to be there to remind me of you, and that night," I explained.

I put my top back on and rolled up my jeans.

"Brooke," James sighed.

"Don't apologize. There's just something I need to tell you." I began to take off the gloves I was wearing on my hands to reveal a large ring on my left hand.

"Brooke are you..." James's voice trailed off.

"Yes. I'm engaged. I came here to tell you that I'm okay. I've moved on and Clemson is in my past," I explained. James rubbed his eyes as tears filled them.

"So, what about us?" He asked me. I shook my head sadly.

"James, there is no us," I told him with a heavy heart.

"Brooke," James whimpered. "If I, if I had been there for you from the beginning, like if I had never screwed you over like I did, would we be together?"

My heart broke a little when he asked that. I placed my hands in his.

"I...I don't know," I sighed. I turned away and put my jacket on and got ready to leave.

"Brooke, wait," James called. I turned back around and James pulled me back into a long kiss. I hesitated before kissing him back.

He pulled away and gave me a desperate look. I stared into his deep blue eyes and forgot everything.

I pulled my jacket off and threw it to the ground.

"Take me," I said.

He picked me up and set me on his bed and continued kissing me. He lifted my shirt over my head and I took his off as well.

His hands ran up and down my back and mine rested on the back of his neck. He climbed onto the bed and laid on top of me.

He unzipped my jeans and pulled them slowly off of me. He gently rolled me over and kissed my neck and back and unhooked my bra.

I flipped back over and got goosebumps as he kissed my chest down my stomach down to the band of my underwear.

"Is this okay?" He asked as he slipped his hand between my thighs. I gasped and nodded excitedly.

He smiled to himself as he pulled my laced thong off and kissed me all around my thighs and waist. I began to unhook his belt and he removed his pants.

He snaked his body up my chest and met his lips to mine. He paused and held his face above mine.

"You love me, don't you?" He whispered in my ear. I pulled his face down and nibbled on his ear and neck.

"So what if I do?" I responded.

"Then be with me."

"I'm engaged."

"That doesn't seem to be stopping you now," James argued. I pressed my lips to his and rolled him over so I was on top. I pressed my body close to his and let him kiss my neck.

"Oh James," I moaned. He smirked and rolled back over again so he was now on top.

He pushed himself under the covers and kissed my inner thighs.

I bit my lip trying not to scream as he kissed between my legs.

"James," I gasped. I wrapped my thighs around his head and moaned loudly. He crawled back up and laid his head on my chest.

We were both sweaty and trying to catch our breaths.

"You're shaking," I said as I held him in my arms.

"I'll be alright," he whispered. We both fell asleep like that that night.

It was what I needed to get over him. One last night like that.