4. Brooke's "Date"

Brooke's POV:
I woke up to the smell and sound of sizzling bacon emanating from the tiny kitchen in our room. I sat up, confused on how I ended up in my bed, and watched James cook. He was wearing loose sweats and no shirt. His hair was messy, but a cute messy. I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't. The only thing I hate about this boy is how much I don't hate him.

"Morning," he called out when he noticed me awake. I smiled back and put my glasses on.

"Guilt?" I asked referring to what he did to me last night. He smiled a sad smile.

"Yes."

I laughed as I climbed out of bed.

"It's fine, I overreacted because I had a bad day anyway," I said on my way into the bathroom.

"No, you had every right to be mad, it was shitty of me not to tell you," James followed me into the bathroom and continued apologizing. "I'm really sorry for kicking you out, Brooke."

That's all he was sorry for, though. Not letting me into the room. I was mad mainly about that, but still hurt about how we made out a while ago and that got nowhere.

I smiled back and told him it was okay and I was fine as I washed my face.

Maybe it was best that we didn't bring up what happened the other night. I know it was best for me to not let it happen again, but oh my God I wanted him so bad.

We walked out to the couch together and he served me a small plate of bacon and waffles.

We watched Saturday morning cartoons and ate our food together, laughing at the stupid humor in all the shows.

I helped wash dishes and then headed back to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth.

I turned on the shower and took off my shirt before brushing my teeth.

I stood in my sports bra and sweats waiting for the shower to warm up when there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Can I come in?" James asked. I unlocked the door and James walked in to grab his phone. "Left it in here," he said slowly. He looked me up and down, quite discretely though.

I walked a little closer to him, knowing what I was getting myself into.

He placed his hands on my hips. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment, then he leaned in to kiss me. I stopped him and looked down at our hands both intertwined at our waists. He rested his forehead on mine and whispered to me, "I know we shouldn't."

"We really shouldn't," I whispered back.

He squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek then, to my dismay, pulled back. However, he still didn't leave. We stood facing each other as the bathroom grew steamier and foggier.

James quickly picked me up and pulled me into a passionate kiss. He set me on the counter and continued to kiss me.

"We have to stop," he said in between kisses.

"Mmhm, this is a bad idea," I said as his lips made their way to my neck. "But it feels so damn good," I moaned.

He held his hands at my lower waist as I slid off the counter and we made our way towards the shower.

He slipped me out of my bra and sweats and quickly undressed himself. We got into the shower together and he held my body close to his.

"Brooke," he moaned softly. I bit my lip as his hands traveled south.

"James, we really shouldn't," I said almost breathlessly.

"I know, I know," he replied, water dripping onto his face. I ran my fingertips down his washboard abs and gave him goosebumps.