[4]

Song of the chapter: Wherever I Go by One Republic.

...

"Ohh! And now, when we all go to the mall together, people would be like 'omg, that girl has a white friend'. I've never had a white friend." Anu rambled on and Ava just gave her a small smile.

"The way you're talking, you'll be the one chasing Ava back to America." Toki joked and received a glare from Anu.

"Okay, let's get in the car. Let's go out to eat and shop and stuff. So you can see a little bit of Lagos." Anu said.

"Oh finally! If it was up to Toki, I wouldn't get to see anywhere." Ava laughed, joining Anu in the backseat. Toki was driving, so Bolu sat in the passengers seat.

"There's not much to see." Bolu pointed out.

"That's what I said!" Toki agreed.

"Well if you guys come to New Jersey, you'll want to see everywhere right?" She was replied with grunts of agreement. "Exactly. But to me, there won't be much to see because I grew up there."

"True sha." Anu chipped in.

"She's pretty and smart. What's she doing with you?" Bolu teased and they all, apart from Toki, burst into laughter.

"If you go on like this, you'll find yourself best man-less for your wedding." Toki threatened.

"Oya sorry. I guess you're fine small. And for you to be getting a whole company, you must be smart too." Bolu said and Toki rolled his eyes.

"Yet you wonder why I stayed so long in America." Toki muttered.

"Don't mind him. He loves you guys. He wouldn't stop talking about how amazing you guys are and how much he misses home." Ava laughed and Toki grumbled.

"Ava!" He whined.

"Eh ehn. So with all your shakara, you missed us ehn?" Anu joked.

"The both of you have egos the size of river Nile. Why should I feed it more?" Toki shot back and they laughed.

"Yeah well opposites don't attract all the time." Bolu said, winking at Anu.

"Please. No lovey-dovey stuff here." Toki complained.

"At least now you have someone to do lovey-dovey stuff to." Bolu laughed.

"Why am I friends with you again?" Toki asked dramatically.

"Because in secondary school, everyone thought you were weird because of your weird obsession with grasshoppers. Fortunately for you, I could handle your weirdness." Bolu joked.

"Oh my God! He was obsessed with grasshoppers?" Ava asked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"Yup. He loved catching them. Let me tell you about it." Bolu said, looking backwards and then at Toki, smiling at the glare his friend shot him.

"We're almost at the mall. Thank God! You guys drive me crazy." Toki mumbled and they all laughed.

...

The mall was called The Palms. Anu took her to shoprite to buy a few groceries, then they bought a pair of matching bracelets. Toki bought her a book on Nigerian traditional weddings while Bolu just whined and asked for food.

After buying a lot of unnecessary things, they decided to eat at KFC. Anu promised Ava a proper Nigerian meal later.

The day flew by quickly and they took her for a drive around town. She tasted suya, and they all ate fish and chips.