[20]

Song of the chapter: Cold Water by Major Lazer and Justin Beiber.

...

Ava was certain that she misheard the gorgeous woman standing before her. She blinked rapidly, and lifted an eyebrow at the woman. The diamond on the apparent engagement ring sparkled so bright that it caused Ava to burn with jealousy and rage.

"Sorry, I don't think I heard you." Ava chuckled slightly, trying to hide her emotions. "You said you were whose fiancee?"

"I'm Toki's fiancee." The woman said, walking past Ava confidently and into the sitting room, causing Ava to glare at her.

"You're a little too late. I'm already his fiancee." Ava replied sweetly, eyeing her up.

"Oh? See this one oh!" The woman laughed, clapping her hands three times. "You're the one that is late. Toki and I already had an arrangement, way before he left for America. I have always been his fiancee. I don't know why he brought you sha oh. He was probably just playing with you but I'm the one with the prettier ring on my finger so I suggest you start leaving... white girl." She sneered and Ava felt her heart beat rapidly against her chest.

Did Toki lie to her all this time? He obviously knew about the so called engagement. Her mind raced back to all the times he had been distracted,all the times she asked him what was wrong and he replied with an excuse about work.

This was what was going on.

She heard the clicking of heels behind her and snapped out of her daze closing the front door. Behind her was Toki's mum walking towards the woman with a warm smile. A smile she never had for Ava.

"Chioma dear, omo mi, what are you-." She paused with a gasp when Chioma showed her the sparkling ring on her finger. "Oh my God! He finally asked you?" His mother squealed, totally oblivious to the tension between the two women.

Chioma laughed at the woman's lack of knowledge of the whole situation. She had no idea what happened behind the scenes, Chioma thought, no idea at all.

"Yes, we had an interesting talk, and he finally decided to do what's best for the companies and our families." Chioma beamed.

Toki's mother was about to say something, when she heard someone gasp and looked around to finally notice Ava who had been watching their exchanges.

She gave her a sympathetic look, as if to say, 'I'm sorry but its out of my hands.'

Ava walked past them and into the room that she and Toki shared. A room she wasn't sure she wanted to share with him anymore.

Picking up her phone, she dialled his number and waited a few seconds for him to pick.

"Get home quickly." She said over the phone, her voice quivering and her hands trembling. "You've got some explaining to do." Then she began to pack her bags.

Just in case.

...

When Toki heard Ava's voice over the phone, he knew something had happened.

Chioma had seemed too confident when she was here, and now there was no doubt that she had said something to Ava.

Something manipulative.

He let out a mouthful of curses as he drove back home, preparing himself for whatever he was met with when he got home.

What is their own sef? He thought, why can't they just leave him alone?

He got out of his car and walked briskly towards the house, not waiting for the gateman to open the large gate so he could drive in.

As he walked inside, he noticed Ava, sitting down on the steps in front of his parents exquisite house, and beside her, was a lot of luggage.