Chapter 11

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO @LolaSW AND @larissafoeller FOR VOTING ON EVERY CHAPTER OR UPDATE!!!!
:::::::::::::::::::::

EDITED. 7/1/19.

"Hadley?" she whispers hoarsely.

I nod, a tear slipping from my chin.

Kayla reaches up and wipes other tears away. "I thought you were dead," she murmurs.

"I'm here." I pull a weeping Kayla into my arms, her face burrowing into my neck.

"Get over it, Kayla," Luna grumbles sadly. "She's gone. If she was alive, she'd be back by now—"

Luna turns to me and Kayla.

"Bitch!" she yells at me, flinging herself into the hug.

I chuckle softly and unravel an arm from Kayla to give it to Luna. I hear Parker saunter quietly into the living room behind me.

Luna and Kayla pull away reluctantly, tears streaming down their faces. Luna peers behind me, gaping at the six-foot man in the doorway.

"Who's that?" she points an accusing finger at him.

I turn and smile softly at Parker. He clears his throat and walks to the couch, extending a hand.

"Parker. Hadley's boyfriend." He smiles proudly before draping an arm around my shoulders. Luna and Kayla each raise an eyebrow, look at each other, then back to us.

"Where'd you find this hunk of meat?" Luna asks at the same time Kayla asks, "What happened to Devin?"

The two squint at each other, realizing that their focuses were on two completely different things.

Although, Kayla shouldn't be surprised; Luna always admires a man when she sees one. Luna shouldn't be surprised either; Kayla was hardcore rooting for me and Devin to happen.

"Who's Devin?" Parker asks immediately.

"Erm..." I stammer just before the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" Haiden booms.

The door opens to reveal Sam and James.

"Any news?" Sam asks hoarsely, rubbing his temples.

James looks at the ground sullenly.

Haiden moves aside to let them in. "How's Devin?" Haiden dodges the question.

Sam rubs his temples some more.

"That's why we're here. He tried to hurt himself last night." James quips sadly.

I sprint into the welcome room and leap into James and Sam.

"Hadley?!" they announce in unison, gripping onto my waist.

One arm is thrown around each of their shoulders. "Take me to Devin," I order, already rushing from the house.

Haiden catches my arm. "Hadley. You just got home," he whispers sadly.

"Then come with me—I don't give two shits. I'm going to Devin with or without you," I announce, sliding into James's car.

Everybody sprints outside.

Kayla and Luna somehow manage to fit into one seat. Haiden takes the middle while James and Sam plop themselves up front. Parker stands awkwardly in the doorway.

"We don't have enough room," I note, pointing to Parker.

Sam looks at me in the rearview mirror. "Who's the new guy?" he asks.

"Hadley's boyfriend," Haiden replies glumly.

"Why would you want to take your boyfriend to Devin's?" James asks sarcastically.

"He's coming," I growl. I wave Parker over; he hesitantly saunters to the car.

"How do we fit?" I mumble to myself.

"Sit on my lap," Parker whispers huskily.

I blush profusely but step out of the car to allow him in. He takes my seat without hesitation, a burst of confidence overtaking his common sense. I carefully slide into the car and sit on Parker's lap.

Every pair of eyes is on us.

Parker wraps the seatbelt over me, then clicks into the holder beside him.

After a few moments of staring, James clears his throat. "Everybody ready?" he turns the ignition so that a dull roar sounds from the engine. Once we hit the road, everybody continues to do their own thing. Sam and Haiden plug in headphones while Luna and Kayla gossip. Parker's hand travels to my waist.

"Come here." He nuzzles his head into my neck.

"I don't think we can possibly get any closer." I hiss back.

Parker smirks against my skin. "I wouldn't bet on that," he murmurs.

I scoff but lean onto my side so that my head rests on his shoulder.

Haiden takes one look at us and shudders noticeably. "I would tell you to fuck off and get your hands off my sister, but you look like you can rip off my ears while watching an episode of Scooby Doo, so I'll keep to myself," Haiden quips, plugging the earbud back into his ear.

I chuckle and rub my nose against Parker's neck. He groans softly; I smirk. "Thanks, Parker," I whisper.

"For?" he hums.

"Taking me home," I whisper even quieter—which is hardly possible.

Parker takes both of his arms and wraps them around me. "I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant that you smiled like that."

I chuckle and press my body into his.

"We're here," James announces.

~•~

So yesterday morning my boyfriend of six months broke up with me. I was sobbing for three hours because I knew that I wasn't good enough for him, but he told me that I was more than enough. He told me everything that I wanted to hear, and I believed every word of it. I trusted him. But obviously that was too much for him, so he dropped everything and left. I hardly had any time to sleep because I was thinking about how pathetic I was. I told myself that I was nothing, and as usual, I believed it. Yes that was my little rant and I'm very sorry that you had to be my shoulder to cry on, I just really needed to get it off my chest. I love you all so much. WE REACHED 500 READS AND I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY SO THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME!!!