8. game day

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     Scott and I lean against the jeep the next morning, still outside of the old Hale house. Except now we aren't alone—Mr. Stilinski and quite a few other officers are here to examine the crime scene. Stiles called his dad right after we found the body, telling him that we happened to stumble upon the already dug up grave while looking for Scott's inhaler. I don't think Stiles remembers that Scott lost the inhaler the night he got bit—the night Stiles told his dad he was alone. I'll let him figure that out on his own.

An officer with graying hair places Derek's hands in cuffs, guiding him to the police car. He glances at Scott and I as he goes by, his face entirely unreadable. Somehow, that's worse than him actually showing his emotions. He's way too good at hiding how he's feeling. It's eerie not knowing how angry he is—I'm sure he's fuming, but he isn't showing it at all. He ducks his head as the officer crams him in the car, sending us a glare through the glass of the window. I purse my lips, doing my best to avoid eye contact—he's definitely ready to murder us.

I spot Stiles sneaking over to the car Derek was just stuffed into, and quickly scramble after him before Scott can stop me.

"Skylar Louise!" Scott whisper-yells behind me and I give him a glare over my shoulder.

"Never call me that again!" I point an accusing finger at him as I slip into the passenger side door, Stiles chuckling softly at the use of my middle name. "What are you laughing at, Mie—"

"Nope! No! I'm sorry," Stiles shouts over my terrible pronunciation of his first name.  His reaction is so amusing that for a moment I forget there's a third person in the car—a very unamused angry werewolf.

Derek looks between Stiles and I emotionlessly. My flustered friend leans toward him, latching onto the gate separating the front of the car from the back. The gate is only so comforting, knowing Derek could tear it off and kill us while barely lifting a finger.

"Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you," Stiles states matter of factly. Derek silently gives him a death glare and Stiles nods, shrugging. "Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. We just want to know something."

I check out the windows, making sure we're still unseen. I catch Scott's eye and he flails his arms, urging me to get out of the car.

"The girl you killed," I start, the words so foreign on my tongue that it's hard to speak. "She was a werewolf. But she was a different kind, wasn't she?"

"She could turn herself into an actual wolf, right? And I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?" Stiles adds curiously, both of us waiting for Derek's answer.