13. promises

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     "You said Mean Girls sounds good?" I ask Allison over the phone, making sure our previous agreement is still the plan for the night. Tomorrow is Allison's birthday, and since she wants to keep her special day on the low (due to the fact that she's embarrassed she's a year older than everyone), I asked if we could celebrate tonight, just her and I. I like birthdays and I like to make people feel special, so I'm treating her to a movie night. I just have to get the movie—and the snacks. I put the key to my Mom's car in the ignition, starting the engine.

"Yes!" I can almost hear Allison's beaming grin through the phone. "Thank you! I'll see you when you get here."

"See you in a few," I tell her, clicking my phone off and shoving it in the pocket of my jacket.

I reverse out of the driveway, driving toward the nearest Blockbuster which is only a few streets down. It's nighttime, the roads being lit only by headlights and street lamps. Within a few minutes the blue building comes into sight and I pull into the lot, enjoying the opportunity for front row parking. There are only two other cars here, and after a double-take, I realize that the one just a few spots down actually belongs to a certain arrogant prick: Jackson. Lydia is the passenger seat, occupied with fixing her makeup in the rearview mirror. Jackson must be inside. I decide against saying hello and walk right in, the bell dinging as I do so. Despite the rather loud signal of a new customer, nobody comes to greet me. As I walk in, the store's phone rings behind the empty counter. Still, no workers present themselves.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" I hear Jackson yell across the store, and I snicker softly—I can't believe Lydia's gotten him to watch that sappy movie as many times as she has. "Hello? Skylar?"

I let out a sigh, turning around to face him. I've been caught.

"What do you want?"

"Have you seen any workers?" he asks, flipping a movie over to casually read the synopsis.

"No."

"Then can you help me?" he asks, as if the world is his and everyone else is just living in it. I shake my head, starting to walk away but he grabs my wrist and stops me.

"Please?" He smirks. "I'll leave you alone?"

Snatching my wrist back from his grip, I reluctantly motion for him to follow me. The sooner he gets his movie, the sooner I can search in peace. As I near the row I know holds The Notebook (from the multiple times I've forced the boys to watch it with me), I start getting a bad feeling. The silence turns eerie as we find a vacant ladder propped up mid-aisle, right below a broken and flickering ceiling light. Still, no workers. Where is everyone?