Chapter 38: Introductions

Elinn

I turned with questioning eyes towards Carter, why were these people crying? Carter simply shook his head and kissed my forehead. I looked back at the couple to see Xander and Darius patting their shoulders consolingly.

The man was probably around six one, but he seemed as tall as a tree. His brown hair reminded me a lot of Xander's, though his blue eyes were almost exactly the same as Darius's. The woman was short being no taller than five two. Her blazing red hair contrasted with her brown eyes and her pale skin.

"She didn't know us either, it will be okay. We tried to tell you before, but it was just too difficult." Darius soothed to the sobbing woman.

"But she d..d..doesn't even recognize us! H..h..how are you both so...so...so calm about this?" The woman choked out and buried her head in the man's neck.

"Shhh, darling it will be okay. This is just going to be a little bit different than what we expected that's all. We are going to get through this," The man was studying me as if I was the most interesting painting in a museum.

"Elinn, do you have any idea who we might be?" He asked me pushing the woman into Xander's arms gently, his eyes never leaving mine.

"No, I don't recall ever seeing you before. I'm sorry I've upset you I don't know what I did. Please don't hurt me." My words grew softer as I continued to speak until it was almost a plea.

The man looked at me with a shocked expression. His eyes darted from my quivering figure to Carter than down to his hands. He looked at me quizzically.

"Why would you think I would hurt you?" His voice was soft and gentle. Even though he seemed nice enough I was still very scared of this man and I had no idea why.

"Everyone hurts me, it's what they do. I am nothing and so people decide that they have the right to hurt me. Carter says that is wrong and people should never hurt each other." I said looking up at Carter for support. He nodded his head and pulled me closer to his chest.

"What do you mean everyone hurts you?" The man's face filled with hints of rage and I whimpered and pulled Carter all the way in front of me. I had no way of knowing what this man would do to me, and I was pretty sure Luke would kill me if I got another injury.

"Alpha Zayden you are scaring her. I think it's best if you explained who you are first and then we all took a seat in the living room to talk." Carter was calm but commanding as he stood confidently in front of me.

"That's a great idea Carter, let's all take a deep breath and I'll show you where to go." Zelya walked into the room cheerily despite the tension that filled the air. She kindly guided everyone into one of the spacious sitting rooms and everyone took a seat. Xander and Darius sat on chairs next to a loveseat that the couple occupied. Carter pulled me onto a couch across from them.

"Now let's start with some introductions. You already know Elinn and I know she hates talking so we won't make her introduce herself. I am Carter Johnson Alpha of the Mistward Dawn Pack and I am Elinn's mate. My mother Zelya Johnson is the one who brought us all in here so we could talk." Carter was calm and it was starting to make me feel a little more at peace with the situation.

"My name is Zayden Onnas and I am the Alpha King of all werewolves. This is my wife Adara Onnas and she is my mate, wife, and Luna. You've already met our sons Xander and Darius. We are your family Elinn, and we've missed you so much." The man said as more tears filled his eyes.

Was it possible that these people could be my parents? Both Xander and Darius were looking at them as though they were telling me the truth. They would be the ones to know because I couldn't recall ever seeing these people before. It helped that Carter was here and knew who these people seemed to be.

"You're telling me that you are my parents?" I asked wanting to make sure I had heard them right.

"Yes, and we have been searching for you for twelve years. Your father and I have been so worried, it's actually affected your father's health quite a bit recently. Those brothers of your were always searching for you and I'm glad they were otherwise...." Adara's words drifted off as she thought of what might have been.

"The point is that we love you and we missed you so much while you were gone. I can already tell you don't like social interaction or other people touching you, but will you please let your mother and I give you a hug. We really need it right now." Zayden requested opening his arms to me.

I looked between his arms and where I sat on the couch. Was I ready to let these people back into my lives? THey had been absent from it for forever in my case and twelve years in there's. How could they possibly still love me when they had no idea who I was? Carter gave me a small nudge and I tenderly stood on my still healing feet.

I was pulled into Zaydens arms and his scent washed over me. He smelled of smoke and pine the scent made my heart beat faster as if it recognized the smell. Adara joined us and the sweet smell of Jasmine and sugar caused my mind to stir with the fragments of images I had of my past. Xander and Darius walked over and wrapped their arms around me too.

We just stood there for a few minutes as they held me in their arms. Their missing daughter and sister, the final piece to their family puzzle finally returned. Only I didn't think I would fit into the picture as I use to and this whole puzzle was going to need to adjust to that idea.

I was starting to feel uncomfortable in their arms and pulled away from them and scurried back to Carter. He caught me in his arms and leaned me against his chest. I let the sound of his steady heartbeat calm my own.

"Elinn, why did you leave us like you did. One minute you were there and the next you were gone. You disappeared and on the day of your birthday nonetheless. We just want to know why you left." Adara asked with slight accusation in her voice.

Both Carter and I stiffened at her words. Did he think I had run away from home? Was that what she thought had happened twelve years ago? Was she really that delusional?

"I think what my wife is trying to ask is what happened. I know you wouldn't have just left us and you were so young. What happened?" Zayden amended.

"I didn't leave because I wanted to....I was taken." That was all I could say about the subject and I knew Carter understood.

"Look I know you have a lot of questions, but it has been a very eventful week for all of us and I think we all need a break. My mother will show you to your rooms and we can talk more over dinner." Carter said politely sending them away.

I could tell my parents didn't want to leave me. They had just gotten me back and were probably scared I would just disappear again. Both of them gave me a longing look, but I just turned away from them. I didn't want them to be here right now, I needed time to process the fact that they were here and real and wanted me.

"I guess we'll be going then. We'll see you at dinner then." Adara's voice was frail and small as if at any moment she might burst into tears. Xander and Darius followed my parents and Zelya out leaving me and Carter alone in the room.

"I'm so proud of you, you were very brave today," Carter whispered into my hair. I just breathed in his scent letting my body slowly relax.

"Thank you for being here Carter it means a lot to me. I really needed you here, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you." I let the honest sincerity show on my face as I gazed up at him.

"Well, I'm glad you let me help you through all of this. After all who wouldn't want a handsome, strong, hunky male at their side at all times." Carter teased.

"Now you've gone and killed the mood. I do know a way you can make it up to me though...." I trailed off leaving him to wonder what I was thinking about. I hoped I made it sound suggestive otherwise this wasn't going to go the way I wanted it too

"What would that be little mate?" Carter asked planting a kiss right behind my ear.

"You are going to show me the best place to find some good books," I whispered in his ear and ran out of the room laughing as he groaned and followed me out.

AN: We hit SEVENTY THOUSAND VIEW! You are all so amazing for getting us this far! I am always so impressed with your insights and comments. I hope you all have a good weekend. Until next time, bye bye!