Chapter 73: Flooding

Elinn

I woke up to a cold bed having no memory of when I fell asleep. I could sense that Carter wasn't here his scent was old yet still filled the room. I looked down and noticed that my body was covered in sweat and the sheets were everywhere. It was apparent that I had not slept well, yet I couldn't remember what had made me so restless.

I tried to stand, but when I stood my legs gave out from underneath me. My body was weak and I didn't know what was wrong. My head began to pound as if someone was hammering on my head. Things began to slip into my memory, things that I couldn't remember until now.

I was back in those dungeons where Master had thrown me for punishment. It had been four days since he had sent me down here for breaking one of the kitchen dishes. He had never left me alone for this long and my body was beginning to revolt against my hold on it.

I could barely move from the injuries I had received during my stay. It seemed that one guard or another was in here every half hour or so to have some fun. I hadn't gotten more than two hours of sleep in the past three days, that is if you don't count being beaten unconscious.

I had tried to make it to the corner of my cell, but it had been a useless endeavor. I hadn't made it more than three feet before my bladder released of its own free will. I had given up after that and had been sitting here for the past twenty minutes with no more strength left in my body.

Just then one of the guards walked in and propped himself against the cage door frame. He was one of the regulars, coming in to beat me whenever he had a shift. He loved making me scream claiming that it made him feel younger and taught me where my place really was.

"Aww did the poor baby wet herself? I thought we had finally gotten you all house trained. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to teach you what happens when you disobey the rules." The man said shaking his head and walking towards me.

"P...p....p....please n....n....no mo....mo....more." I begged him knowing that if I did get another beating I wouldn't make it. I had to live, I had to get back to my parents they had to still be searching for me. I guessed it had only been five or six months and I knew they wouldn't have given up on me yet.

"You want me to not hurt you? Is that what you want little girl?" The man bent down so he was at my eye level. Summoning all the resolve I had I nodded my head exhausted.

"Well then since you asked so nicely, of course, I'll stop." The man said standing up and giving me a kind smile. I looked up at him astonished by this turn of events and almost smiled. Then in the blink of an eye, a knife was rammed into my side.

"Don't beg me for mercy! I don't care what you want you're a worthless whore who knows nothing about the world. You are stupid and ugly and deserve everything we do to you. Now I think it's time I got back to work." The man spat in my face and yanked the knife out of my stomach causing blood to rush out of the wound. I didn't even have the strength to whimper as my eyes fluttered shut maybe death wasn't such a bad option.

The memory sent me reeling and I scrambled backward as if I could run away from what was in my head. I needed to find Carter right now he would know how to help me. I tried to steady my breathing as I pulled myself to my feet once more.

"Daddy! Daddy come on Xandy and Dar want to go swimming. They already ran off and I need help getting dressed!" I yelled running into my father's office holding my swimsuit in one hand. As I ran in I noticed another man in the room, I didn't know. I suddenly slowed my pace and turned my head down hiding behind the edge of my father's desk.