Get Back to Work, I'm Busy

+Red Army Base: Medical Ward+

"I'm surprised you figured it out," Grace says impressed with Tord's deduction. "Like you said he has Eye Cancer. It's likely so that Tom will be blind by the time he wakes up."

Tord thinks for a moment about this situation. "Alright then."

The Blue soldiers look back at him confused. "What do you mean 'Alright then.' This is not a good thing you idiot!" Zack practically scolds him not caring if he had to be punished for calling Tord an idiot.

Lizzie opens the door to the medical ward again, stepping out with a happy look. "Doctor Grace, Blue's waking up!"

Tord passes both the medical staff of the Blue group and steps inside. He holds the doorknob, looking back at Tom's soldiers from over his shoulder. "All if you get back to work. I'll take care of Thomas from here on out." He closes the door behind him before anyone could protest.

"What do you mean you'll take care of him Red?!"

"Hey! Let us in!"

Tord ignored their yelling from the other side of the door and proceeds to go find Tom. He walked down the allies of the medical ward to find Tom's section until he heard someone fall to the floor giving out a quiet cuss. The man turns around the corner where he heard the fall to find the room Tom is occupying.

"Tom." He was once he pushes the curtains aside.

"Tord?" Tom says from the floor next to his medical bed.

Tord comes into the makeshift room and helps Tom back on his feet. "You gotta stay in bed. You got shot in the chest, your medical team recently got you stable." He was surprised the British man was able to recover and wake up so fast. He thought again and assumes it's because of the monster genetics in his blood that's healing him so quickly.

Tom rubs the back of his head. "Ugh, sorry."

Tord got a better look at Tom now that he helped him back on his bed. The brunet wore one of the light blue hospital gowns while he had bandages covering his eyes.

"Why is it so dark? It's night time already?" Tom asks, thinking he's been asleep for awhile since the shot.

"You could say that..." Tord says slowly as he trails off. He sighs, "Listen Tom, you might not like what I'm about to say-"

"Pfft please, I don't like anything you say to me."

Tord rolls his eyes, "I'm serious Tom." He waits until he gets a small nod from the man that he was paying attention now. "Apparently due to an old accident you had involving lasers, you got Eye Cancer." Tord takes a seat on the side of Tom's bed. "You're blind now."

"Well, that explains the irritation I feel around my eyes... and why my vision was getting really blurry during the meeting today." It was Tom's turn to sigh now while he put his hands together. "I figured this was gonna have to happen at some point." He didn't go into detail of why for Tord. Tom thought his disability would be better if Tord didn't figure out he got a pair of goggles that let him see again. He remembers his future self had them on back when he was still a young man.

Tord puts his hand on top of Tom's hands in a way to comfort him. Tom thought it was a little out of character for him. "I'll help you."

"What?"

"I'll give you your sight back. Just wait alright." Tord said with determination on his face, although it was a shame Tom could not see his expression. In all, Tord needs Tom, not just as a secretary or second in command, but as a friend.

Tom scoffs as he turns his head the other way. Not believing what he's hearing from the other man's mouth. "Yeah right Commie."

Tord gets off the bed and moves to stand again by Tom's bedside. He'll just have to prove himself to his rival that he can give him his sight back. "Let's move you somewhere else for now Witness. I'm sure you hate being bed locked in the medical ward."