New Eyes for the Blind

+Red Army Base+

Ever since Tord went back to attending his regulated duties as a Leader, the process of Tom's new eyes was slowly making progress.

All to a certain degree that had Tord actually locking himself in the lab with Tom, just so he could finally finish the fucking device already. The substitute secretaries weren't providing him any amusement or banter he would usually have with the alcoholic.

Tom, on the other hand, had to laugh at Tord's childish actions. He was like a little kid who wanted nothing more than to do whatever he wants when he wants.

"Don't you think you're overreacting Tord?" Not questioning the man in an angered tone, but a more light-hearted mocking one.

If Tom could only see, he would have seen Tord roll his eyes with an irritated expression. "I'm not overreacting. The sooner I can finish this, the better. That way your soldiers can stop getting distracted by your condition and I can avoid disappointing temporary replacements." He was just about finished with Tom's new aid tool. The use of the VR set has the finest quality top down. The screen itself is built with the finest camera lenses, gives Tom the ability to see in HD. So to Tom, it would be like watching the world through a TV screen. Allowing him a better perspective than the normal human eye.

Tom leans back against the wall and listens to things around him. Tord's machines were turning gears, he could hear the man's quiet breathing, the sound of his tools connecting to and from his would be new eyes.

When Tord finally attached the last piece to the VR, he put the device down gently on the table. He smiles a bit feeling a small amount of relief flood his system, but he knows this is no time to be relieved just yet. He gets up and goes over to Tom. "Alright Thomas, I'm going to lead you to a chair next to my work desk. I need you test your new eyewear."

Tom got off the bed with Tord's help as he began to lead him towards his work desk. He felt Tord guide him over to his seat to sit down. "I'm hoping you didn't make this so I can look like a fool while wearing it for the rest of my life." His tone unamused, but Tord could tell he was just joking.

"Maybe, maybe not," Tord answers back once he got Tom seated. He picks up the eyewear again and presses it over Tom's eyes. Then Tord fastens the straps around his head to keep it in place. "Okay, this part might hurt just a little bit."

"What?"

Tord didn't answer his question as he presses one of the buttons on the side of the googles. Tom quickly presses his hands against the front of the goggles when he feels like little speared wires connect to the back of his socket.

"T-To-rod?!" Tom cries out in a pained tone. It felt so painful like he was being stabbed deeply in the back of his sockets. There was no fucking way this would only hurt a little.

"It'll be over soon Thomas." Tord tried to assure the man. He tried his best to find a way to lessen the pain, although there was nothing to avoid the problem. The wires had to connect to the nerves or else the eye set wouldn't work very properly.

While Tom is in anguish by the pain, Tord grabbed the syringe on the table with liquid contents containing a very small microscopic chip. The chip is suppose to help Tom's brain connect with the googles to know what he's seeing. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got stabbed in the eyes many times over Commie." Tom groans as his hands hold his head. He could still feel some of the cords trying to connect with his nerves.