Chapter 20: Protectors

-Aurora's POV-

After hours, we stopped running through the forest.
"Let's take a break, we still have a long trip to arrive to Aurora's pack."

We sat down and the boys were looking around to see if anyone followed us.

"So, which pack are you from?" I asked them.
"Umm..." Rita said
"You don't have to be scared, when we get back to my territory I can fly you there if it's far away from us" I said
They stayed silent for a moment.
Then Theresa said
"We don't belong to a pack"
"What the hell" I said "You surely aren't rogues because you wouldn't have helped me escape and they wouldn't have captured Rita and I can't smell the rogue scent on you"
"We're not rogues" Rita growled angrily
"What are you?" I asked.
"It's not the perfect time to tell you, we'll tell you later" Theresa said
"No, you'll have to tell me now or we're not going to stay together. I can go to my pack alone." I said
"It's too dangerous for you" Rita said
"I don't care, I'm a Luna, I can defend myself" I said
"Without a wolf? You lost your wolf sweetheart, your strength is equal to an Omega's strength" Theresa said shaking her head.

The Omegas are the least powerful wolves in a pack, they help with cleaning and cooking, they can't fight because they will surely die.

"Even without my wolf, I'm strong enough to defend myself." I said
"You couldn't defend yourself when all the rogues surrounded you, and you had your wolf. And you were chained with big silver chains." Theresa said.
"Tell me who you are" I protested
Rita took in a deep breath and opened her mouth to talk. But Theresa beat her to it.
"Promise you won't freak out"
"I promise" I said
Theresa looked at Rita "Tell her"
"No, you tell her" Rita said
"No, you tell her"
"No, you tell her"
"No you tell her"
"SHUT UP, both of you, and just say what it is." I yelled
"Okay, so a normal werewolf isn't supposed to know who we are, he isn't even supposed to know that we exist." Theresa said
"I'm not a normal werewolf" I growled
"You're a Luna, but you're still equal to the others" Rita said as if it was a matter of fact.
I growled at her. I'm the Moon goddess' daughter, but I don't trust them so I won't say anything.
"So we're protectors" Theresa said breathing out
I looked at her boldly.
"No werewolf has the right to see us. Protectors are werewolves, we belong to a little community made of 9 people. We're 4 of them. Our job is to protect werewolves and protect all the packs. No one sees us because we're good at hiding and we're better than anyone at fighting."
I looked at her with confusion.
"

So, do you have, like, a leader?" I asked them.
"Yes, the Moon Goddess is our Leader. She gave us the power to be protectors. And she guides us" Rita said smiling
I just nodded my head.
"Do you think you know why they kidnapped you?" One of the boys said
"I'm not sure, but I think that it's for revenge. The guy you killed was my mate's cousin. He wanted to be an Alpha but the Alpha name was given to Xavier." I said
They nodded
"Yeah, but why would the Dewends, the rogues and the wizards help him?" Theresa said
"They kinda are our enemies and they'd get any opportunity to harm the werewolves" Rita said
"Well, they kinda want me too, because I'm not normal" I said
"what do you by you're not normal?"
I think I can trust them, they told me their secret, they protect the werewolves and they believe in the Moon Goddess. They won't harm me.
"Swear you won't tell anyone" I said
"I swear" The four of them said at the same time.
"I'm the Moon Goddess' daughter" I said
Theresa cracked up laughing and Rita looked at me like I grew two heads.
"When will we continue our run to the pack?" Theresa said changing the subject.
"Heyy! I'm serious. This is important" I yelled.
"That's a lame joke, Aurora" Theresa said rolling her eyes at me.
"It's not a joke!"
"Prove it" Rita said with amusement in her eyes.
"I can't prove it to you, I don't know how."
A guy whispered in Rita's ear something, but I heard it with my Alpha hearing
"Heyy! I'm not a mental girl!" I yelled
"Oh! Wait, I got scars!" I said and showed them my scars in the Moon's shape.
Theresa looked at them with confusion and curiosity but then she shook her head and said "That's just because you were hit and abused with the rogues."
"Please help me prove it to them" I said in a low voice.
Just then the sky lit up with a blue flash.
I looked at it immediately that my neck felt like it was on the verge of breaking.
They looked at the sky with wide eyes.
An angelic voice said "This is my daughter"

I still remember this voice. That's my mother's. I didn't even realize that I was crying till I felt the tears on my hand. How I miss her. The hardest feeling is losing a mother. She got you your life. She gave you birth. She spent months making your heart. Whatever she does to you, she'll still be your mother, she loves you. You can never thank her enough. Enjoy every second with your parents. I wish I had one more day with them. If they were with me right now I'd do whatever it takes to make sure they're happy. Your parents love you.
The moment my mother died my heart was torn in two, one side filled with heartache, the other side died with her.
I often lie in bed at night, when the pack is fast asleep, and take a walk down memory lane, with tears upon my cheeks.
Remembering her is easy, I do it every day. But hearing her voice, made me remember how much I miss her, it's a heartache that will never go away.
I hold them tightly within my heart and there they will remain. Until the joyous day arrives, that we will meet again.
I never really got over losing my parents.
I got to a moment in life where I knew they were gone.
Everyone says that a mother is irreplaceable, and trust me, that's true, no one will ever be interested in everything you do as your mother, or as proud of you as her.
I just hate that I was never old enough to know that every single second we spent together, I was wasting an opportunity to tell her how much I love her.
I know that I'm a strong person, but every once in a while, I would like someone to take my hand and tell me that everything's going to be alright. I don't have this person in my life.
Appreciate what you have before it gets taken from you.

"M-m-om?" I shuddered

"Darling, there was no goodbyes for us. It would have been too painful. Our connection still lives on, even though you're far from here.
I miss the time that we once had, but one day, once again, I'll hold you close and I'll laugh with you. Just be strong, dear. Your mommy loves you. Your father's with me. We both love you sooo much than you can imagine. Stay strong for us."
By now I was sobbing
"I love you too" I cried.
Theresa ran up to me and hugged me. Rita was still taken by the scene that happened in front of her.

-To Be Continued-
Hello loves
How are you all?
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with school work and exams.
Anyways that's a chapter. Sorry for the emotional part. I was crying while writing it. I'm in a really bad mood today. So my sadness helped with the writing. Lol
Thank you for 3.5k readers and thanks for getting this story to #746 ♥️🎉
I'll be updating in a couple of days.
Please vote and comment.
Love you all

Christina

~1400