Chapter 16, The Lies

After spending some time on the bench, we got up to walk to our dorm.

Me: "Ugh I'm quite parched right now but too tired to walk back to the ball"

Ced: "You stay here & look pretty.I'll get you some butter beer. How does that sound?"

Me: "Sounds perfect"
I say while giving him a warm kiss on the lips.
Man I love this boy. My world seems perfect whenever he's in it.
2 hours later...

It's been 2 hours and Ced isn't back. Did something happen to him? The ball ended an hour ago and it shouldn't take him this long to just get some butter beer. I decided to actually look for him instead of sitting around worrying about him.
I started looking for him in the kitchen, then the class rooms, and finally I found him in one of the hallways. My heart broke when I witnessed him do what I thought he would never do.
He was holding hands with a girl I've never seen before In my life. I hid behind a portrait to get a better look.

Cedric: "Veronica, I don't know were you have been all my life. Yes we have been friends for a year now but I think this could be more than that"

Veronica: "I'm glad that you feel that way Ced. But what about Hannah?"

Cedric: "Oh her? Don't worry she means nothing to me. She's just there to make me look good I guess. I never loved her the way I love you. I just felt sorry for her whenever she ran off In the rain crying for me. I felt like I owed her something & convinced myself I loved her. But now I realize it's you who I truly love. You're more beautiful compared to her."

Veronica: "I don't believe you Ced"
Cedric then cut her of with a passionate kiss.

This all happened so fast. I wanted to scream but nothing could seem to come out of my mouth. I trusted him. He never loved me. I warned myself from the beginning to never  trust a boy, yet I did. I was a fool. I can never love again.

Veronica: "Aww you really do love me baby"

Cedric: "Forever and always"

I had enough. Forever and always? Forever and always! That's what he told me. Bloody hell Forever and always my ass!  I couldn't take this anymore. I came out of my hiding spot and ran towards the dorms. 

Cedric: "Hannah come back!"
Cedric said spotting me then running after me.

Hannah: "Get away from me you coward!"

Cedric: "What the bloody hell did I do wrong?!"
Cedric then grabbed my arm forcing me to face him.

Me: "What you did wrong? You know exactly what you did Ced! Or should  I even call you that anymore?"

Cedric: "I don't know what got into me. Please baby forgive me"

Me: "Forgive you? How can I forgive you after saying you you didn't love me! Then you felt sorry for me?! Forever and always Cedric? You won Cedric. You had me fooled. And take back you ring. Forever and always my fu*king ass"

Cedric: "But Hannah!"

I threw the ring that Cedric gave me at his face. I ran towards our dorm into my bedroom and locked my door with a charm that only allows me to unlock it. I fell asleep crying into my pillow wishing this night would end. I just lost the love of my life.