Chapter 19, The 2nd task

It was the day of the 2nd task  and I couldn't seem to find Angelina or Hermione anywhere. Yes I found Emma but she didn't even know where they were.  It was almost time for the tournament to start and I convinced myself that they were alright.
Cedric decided to use the a Bubble Head charm and I decided to use a scuba-spell even tho it was less convenient.

Dumbledore: "You will be seeking what was taken from you soon now. On your mark..get set ..your time starts now"

At that moment, my mind went blank.I forgot how to use the scuba-spell. I already saw Cedric & Fleur use a bubble charm spell, Krum transformed himself into a shark and Harry used gilly weed to grow gills.

I didn't know what to do but I thought fast. Without casting a charm or spell, I dived into the water. I imagined myself as a mermaid and soon became a beautiful mermaid with a long blue tail.

Without saying a word or using my wand! I was so proud of myself! Wait is this possible? Anyways I didn't have time to be proud of myself so I started looking for what was taken from me

Soon, in the darkness of the black lake, I started hearing that beautiful song again.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this:
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took.
But past an hour - the prospect's black
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

I rushed realizing I was the 1st one heading towards the music  but then I saw something. Fleur was being attacked by Grindylows! I had to save her or her life could be in danger  & I needed to act fast.
(Grindylows shown below)

Me: "Cave inimicum"I casted unto Fleaur so that she would be protected and unseen to the Grindylows

Me: "Cave inimicum"
I casted unto Fleaur so that she would be protected and unseen to the Grindylows.

Me: "Fleur swim up now before they can get you!"
I said as loud as I could under water praying that she heard me.

The Grindylows then saw me and started swimming after me.
I tried my best swimming away knowing that I wouldn't have enough time to cast a shield to protect myself from them. One of the Grindylows scratched me which caused blood to float everywhere. I grabbed the thing and punched it as hard as I could because I was just plain pissed.

I finally lost them and swam towards the music. Then I saw it! I saw Hermione, Angelina, Ron, Fleur's sister, and Cho all tied to a rope, frozen, and guarded by mermaids. I assumed Angelina was mine. Cedric arrived before me and swam to the top grabbing Cho (which I understand because the two are still friends. Even tho they dated at the beginning of the year, I can understand why he would
Miss her. She was still his friend after all. Plus she likes Harry) I grabbed Angelina knowing that Viktor would grab Hermione soon after me.

 Plus she likes Harry) I grabbed Angelina knowing that Viktor would grab Hermione soon after me

As I came out of the water, Angelina  started to breath and I was to my normal self.

Angelina: "You saved me Hannah! Thank you"
She pulled me into a hug & we swam to the stands for towels.

Krum then came up with Hermione and I noticed Fleur crying at one of the stands for her little sister since she didn't get to save her . We all were hoping that Harry would make it out since he was the only one that hasn't come out yet.

Harry finally cam out with Ron and Fleur's sister. Fleur was so happy that she kissed them both on the cheek thanking them both.

Dumbledore: " For 1st place we have Cedric Diggory, for 2nd Place we have Hannah James, for 3rd place Viktor Krum, 4th place Harry Potter, and 5th place Fleaur Delacour."
Everyone applauded.

Dumbledore: "Wait, we have a change in scoring. This lady demonstrated something that requires a lot of skill by turning herself into a a different creature without casting a spell or charm. She also saved someone's life with risking her own which shows great amounts of bravery. I pronounce Hannah James tied at 1st place with Cedric Diggory."

Everyone applauded and Cedric gave me a tight hug.

Dumbledore: "And for also demonstrating bravery, this man didn't only save 1, but 2 people for one of them wasn't his to save. I pronounce Harry Potter 2nd Place."
More cheers filled throughout the air.

Cedric: "Why is your arm bleeding baby?"
Cedric said putting pressure on it.

Me: "A stupid Grindylows I faced saving Fleur"

Cedric: "You could have not made it alive. I could have lost you!"

Me: "But you didn't"
I placed a kiss on Ced's lips. Only 1 more task to go before the tournament is finally over. Only 1 more task then I won't have to worry about Cedric. Thank god.