Chapter 5: Unlocked

A/n: Thanks for over 1000 shadow clone views. That was so bad. I'll shut up now. Enjoy!

(Naruto POV):

Sasuke and Yoroi began their death match. I gripped the guard rail in frustration. Sasuke was getting his butt handed to him. Why is he so weak all of a sudden? I continued to watch Sasuke desperately dodge each attack by Yoroi, but eventually Yoroi landed a good hit on Sasuke. Yoroi then placed his hand on Sasuke's head. Sasuke began to look visibly weakened. I looked around to see my team's reaction. Kakashi-sensei had a stoic expression. Sakura was worried to the bone. While (Y/n) was gritting his teeth.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?"

(Y/n) looked at me. For the first time, I could see that he was blind. My eyes widened in shock.

"Whoa! What happened to your eyes?!"

(Y/n) continued to look at me. Without his mask, it was unusually creepy.

(Y/n):"When I need you to help me, you promise to help okay?"

I was shocked. (Y/n) asking for help? No matter, I will always help my friends. I grinned at him.

"You can count on me! Finally you ask for some help!"

(Y/n) nodded, and I returned my attention to the fight. Sasuke finally kicked away Yoroi. However, Sasuke dodged his next attack weakly. I jumped up and yelled.

"Sasuke! Get a grip! You're being so weak and lame!"

Sasuke turned and looked at me. Then he glanced at Lee and smirked.

Yoroi:"Pay attention!"

He charged at Sasuke, but Sasuke disappeared. This surprised everyone. Suddenly, he reappeared and kicked Yoroi upward. This sent Yoroi flying into the air, and Sasuke leapt up beneath him. I was awed by this move. However, Sasuke suddenly stiffened. I saw these weird glowing marks start to spread around his body. Luckily, they receded and Sasuke finished his attack. He kicked and punched the enemy down towards the ground. Then he landed a final kick to finish the opponent.

Sasuke:"Lion's barrage!"

The floor beneath Yoroi's body crumbled from the impact. Sasuke was sent skidding away, but he slowly stood up afterwards.

Hayate:"The winner is Sasuke Uchiha."

Sakura jumped for joy. Kakashi looked slightly relieved of something. (Y/n) however, was staring in a direction. I looked to see where he was looking at, even though he was blind. In the direction stood the Sound Village instructor of the genin. I was about to ask (Y/n) why he was staring, but Kakashi appeared behind Sasuke.

Kakashi:"Let's get you to medical care."

Sasuke looked upset and stood up. Then he faced Kakashi with a surprised expression.

Sasuke:"What!?!"

Kakashi:"You heard me. We need to get that problem fixed."

'What problem is Kakashi-sensei talking about?

Sasuke:"No. I want to stay and watch the rest of the matches."

Kakashi:"You're life is more important than intelligence gathering."

'Okay. Now Sasuke's life is in danger. From what?'

Sasuke began to seethe in anger. I started to see the weird marks returning. Suddenly, (Y/n) stood next to me at the guard rail.