One Shot: Where's Mommy? ( Kakashi's Son Male Reader ) Boruto Story

A/n: Just a little idea I had. Might become a story later on. For now, hope you enjoy.

This is non-canon btw.

(Kakashi POV):

I sat in my living with my faithful book. Icha Icha: Paradise. A slowly rising blush was forming on my cheeks. Luckily, I had the mask to hide any embarrassment I was feeling. Today had been a long day at work, but now I could spend the evening with-

Suddenly, the front door clicked open. I turned to see my son, (Y/n). Usually, I would be greeted with enthusiasm, or even a simple greeting. That wasn't the case today.

He walked in with his head down and mask up. His white fluffy hair seemed to have less spikiness, and he was hiding his face from me. I closed my book and called out to him.

"Hello, son. How was school today?" I asked kindly. He didn't respond. Instead, (Y/n) seemed to be standing still. No. He was trembling in one place. Concern and worry began to fill dominate my emotions, and I stood up.

"(Y/n)?" I called out to him. His fists were at his sides, and I saw (Y/n) shaking badly. I walked over and kneeled in front of him. A water droplet fell from his face and hit the ground. My eyes widened in surprise. He was crying.

"Did something-" I was cut off by (Y/n) looking up at me. Even though I was kneeling, he was still quite short.

 Even though I was kneeling, he was still quite short

(Y/n):"Dad!" He cried out to me. I quickly pulled him into an embrace. (Y/n) began bawling into my shoulder. It hurt me to see him like this, but I didn't know what was going on.

I picked him up and carried him to the sofa. There, I sat the two of us down, but (Y/n) still hung on. I patted and rubbed his back to comfort him. It took a few minutes, but the crying eventually stopped. (Y/n) pulled away and wiped his tears.

(Y/n):"I'm sorry, dad. I didn't mean-" I cut him off my shushing him quietly.

"It's fine. Why are you crying?" I asked with worry. (Y/n) sniffled sadly before looking at me in the eyes. Tears rimmed his own eyes.

(Y/n):"Where's mommy?" He asked innocently. I flinched at his question before gazing to the side. That was a tough topic.

"Why do you ask?" I countered with a question. (Y/n) rubbed his eyes again and looked down. I could tell he was very bothered about this.

(Y/n):"It's because everyone else at the academy has a mommy. Only I don't have one." He told me in a trembling voice. My eyes widened in major shock.

"When did this start bothering you?" I asked worriedly.

(Y/n) POV:

Flashback...