Chapter 18 : Hacker

The meeting with Katrina was set up to be at her estate in three days. She had sent us two invitations per Alexander's request, meaning that two of us will need to go into the lion's den. Her so-called party was going to be on third day, counting today.

We had today, tomorrow, and half a day to figure what in the world we need to do because we'll be meeting her on the night of the third day.

"Emmaline, do a thorough search through all the agents that were on the team with Agent Simmons for their latest mission." Alexander began and Emmaline went to her computer before he even finished.

"I'm going to make some calls. Figure out what the hell is in that USB and any files we may have on this clan."

"Okay." Alexander nodded in agreement with Victor before he turned to look at me. "I want you to check over Katrina's house cams. Make sure your father was actually there, when, and if he was with anyone."

"Camera? What camera?" I looked over at him confused.

I was looking at Alexander, but it was Victor that replied back to my question. "We put surveillance camera near the entrance of her house and the club she owns for another case. We never took it off I guess. I'll give you access."

I went over to Victor's desk as he sat down. Meanwhile, from the corner of my eye, I saw that Alexander was going back to sit down at his desk. After getting myself linked to the surveillance cameras, I went back to six months ago, around the time that the task force just got put together, and ran it through with the facial recognition program directly inside the system. It will automatically stop the video when it finds a match.

"It's going to take a few hours. There a lot to cover." I informed everyone while making sure everything was correctly in place.

Keeping an eye once in a while on the surveillance cameras and checking that the facial recognition program was working, I also continued my sweep through Phoenix Headquarters' network, our network. I was a little under halfway done yesterday, checking for traces of anything being hacked or taken from our system, and was determined to get that done today.

If anyone did indeed hack in, I would find out before the end of the day.

*

During midday some time, Alexander disappeared for a at least a few hours. When he came back, he looked weary and dead tired. I gave him a puzzled look as he walked in, but he simply ignored me and sat down.

It was near the end of the day, that we all got together to go through what we found and Victor was the one that started us off.

"No one I contacted even knew something was stolen, meaning the government agencies kept everything tightly under wraps and the only people that knew about the flash drive were the agents linked to the case, the person in charge, and now us. And about the clan, there really isn't much info. However, all their members so far were not in any systems. It's like they never existed in the first place. In order for this clan to erase a person to this level, they must have an insanely good hacker on their end."

The moment Victor mentioned a hacker, I stiffened slightly knowing he was right. For them to have a completely erased every member, leaving no trace behind, they're good. It's no wonder why no one has caught them yet or even come close to having them within their grasp.

"So," Emmaline began as soon as Victor finished, pulling up pictures of eight agents from different places in the government on the large screen. "All the agents on this screen were killed within the span of three weeks. They were all kidnapped when they were unarmed and at their most vulnerable, meaning that this clan knew and memorized the agents' personal lives to the smallest details."